WASHINGTON (WJZ) — This week, First Lady Michelle Obama hosted military families and their children for a special holiday celebration. Always a hit, the two first dogs made an appearance and an impression on one very cute little girl.
Mary Bubala reports.
The very first Americans to see this year’s White House holiday decorations were military families and their children. Amid the tightly choreographed event, the first family’s rambunctious Portuguese Water Dogs, Bo and Sunny, appeared.
Sunny was excited to see 2-year-old Ashtyn Gardner, and whoops! It’s a furry holiday knockdown seen around the world.
The first lady tugged Sunny’s leash and tried to remain composed. Ashtyn’s composure — perfect and calm — was fit for an Oval Office crisis.
“He lick me and bump me and bump me,” Ashtyn said.
“She’s fine. She’s an Alabama Texas girl. Alabama dad, Texas mom. So we recover quick,” her dad, John Gardner, said.
Ashtyn is used to getting bumped. She has two brothers and two dogs. Her dad says she really liked meeting Sunny.
“She’ll be able to look back and say, ‘I was at the White House and got a chance to have a very special moment,'” he said.
Two life-sized replicas of the first dogs are at the entrance of the White House — made out of satin ribbons. Chocolate miniatures of Bo and Sunny are part of the gingerbread White House also on display.
Other Local News:
- State of Maryland Reaches Settlement In Tyrone West Death Lawsuit
- Emergency Services Director: Kent Island Tornado Looks ‘Like Somebody Steered It… Away From Homes’
- Chaos Erupts At City Hall Hearing For Proposed Gun Bill
- Official: Driver In Smuggling Attempt Part Of Larger Group; Parents Of Deceased Immigrant Live In Md.
- Maryland Man Found Guilty In Killing Of Transgender Woman