WASHINGTON (WJZ) — This week, First Lady Michelle Obama hosted military families and their children for a special holiday celebration. Always a hit, the two first dogs made an appearance and an impression on one very cute little girl.
Mary Bubala reports.
The very first Americans to see this year’s White House holiday decorations were military families and their children. Amid the tightly choreographed event, the first family’s rambunctious Portuguese Water Dogs, Bo and Sunny, appeared.
Sunny was excited to see 2-year-old Ashtyn Gardner, and whoops! It’s a furry holiday knockdown seen around the world.
The first lady tugged Sunny’s leash and tried to remain composed. Ashtyn’s composure — perfect and calm — was fit for an Oval Office crisis.
“He lick me and bump me and bump me,” Ashtyn said.
“She’s fine. She’s an Alabama Texas girl. Alabama dad, Texas mom. So we recover quick,” her dad, John Gardner, said.
Ashtyn is used to getting bumped. She has two brothers and two dogs. Her dad says she really liked meeting Sunny.
“She’ll be able to look back and say, ‘I was at the White House and got a chance to have a very special moment,'” he said.
Two life-sized replicas of the first dogs are at the entrance of the White House — made out of satin ribbons. Chocolate miniatures of Bo and Sunny are part of the gingerbread White House also on display.
Other Local News:
- BARCStoberfest Fundraiser Used To Help Care For Hundreds Of Animals
- Local Girl Scouts Troop Leader Arrested On Child Porn Charges
- Company Sets Up Donation Site To Help Edegwood Business Shooting Victims
- ‘In Seconds, He Shot My Three Friends’: Workplace Shooting Survivor Recounts Horror
- Report: Baltimore City Council President Says Officers ‘Raping The City’ By Not Living In Baltimore