ODENTON, Md. (WJZ)—A 15-year-old boy is charged with burglarizing an Odenton elementary school.
Police responded to Seven Oaks Elementary School on Town Center Boulevard just after 1:30 a.m. Thursday after reports of an alarm sounding.
Upon arrival, officers saw that a window had been shattered.
The suspect attempted to run from the school but was apprehended by officers.
Police say the teen stole candy and a laser pointer from the school.
He was charged on a juvenile citation with second-degree burglary, destruction of property, and theft under $100. He was released to a parent.
Other Local News:
- Md. Football Player Paralyzed From Shooting Passes Away
- Md. Schools On Edge In Wake Of Deadly Florida School Shooting
- Daughter Of Legendary Jazz Musician Educating Baltimore Youth For More Than 50 Years
- Group Is Trying To Get Surveillance Plane Flying Again
- Gov. Hogan Gives Update On 2018 Legislative Session At The Halfway Point