BALTIMORE (WJZ)—Police are looking for a man who robbed a motel clerk at knifepoint.
It happened Thursday around 6 p.m. at Park Plaza Motel in the 4900-block of Ritchie Highway.
A motel clerk told officers a man entered the motel lobby attempting to check into the motel, walked about the motel lobby for a brief period of time and then walked around to the doorway to enter the front counter area of the motel. The man then entered the front lobby desk area where the clerk was located, produced a large knife and demanded money. The clerk turned over an undisclosed amount of money to the suspect who then fled the area on foot.
The suspect was last seen going northbound on Ritchie Hwy.
Several patrol units and a K-9 responded to the area to check for the suspect. He was not located.
The suspect is described as a white male in his early 30s with a thin mustache, thin build, 5’10” tall, wearing a black or gray hooded sweatshirt, jeans and possibly brown boots.
The clerk was not injured in the incident.
The investigation is ongoing.
Other Local News:
- Johns Hopkins Revokes Bill Cosby’s Honorary Degree
- More Photos Of Suspects Accused Of Shooting, Carjacking Woman In Highlandtown Released
- 3 Hopkins Students Involved In Separate Robbery Incidents Thursday
- Anne Arundel Co. Fighting Opioid Crisis With Program At Police, Fire Stations
- 2 Suspects Carjack Teacher At School, Rob Man, Carjack Another