Icy Maryland Gets Ready For Another Winter Blast
BALTIMORE (WJZ) — Rain, sleet and snow. The Baltimore metro area was hit by an icy blast of winter weather. But more winter weather is coming our way. Most of the area is under a Winter Storm Warning in effect until 2 p.m. Tuesday.
Bob Turk has a breakdown of what we can expect.
For Tuesday, there will be some icy spots west and north of Baltimore. Snow can mix with sleet and freezing rain with 2-4″ of snow/sleet possible.
At this point, temperature forecasts vary by model. The GFS (the coldest) is supporting all snow. Either way, there can be sleet and freezing rain for a time before it all ends as snow. At this point our thought is for 2-4″ of snow and sleet with some higher amounts north and west. If the NAM model is right, we could see closer to 2″. If the GFS model is right, it’s closer to 4″. There could be locally higher amounts of 6″ or more.
This is a very quick-moving system. The same areas will be impacted as Sunday’s storm.
This event will start near dawn Tuesday and continue through early afternoon Tuesday. The Tuesday morning rush hour will be impacted.
The snow is expected to be heaviest between 8 a.m. and noon. It will taper to flurries Tuesday afternoon.
The precipitation type is predominantly snow. It may start as sleet, especially south of Interstate 695.
Other Local News:
- Lawsuit Alleges Housing Employees Requested Sexual Favors For Repairs At Gilmor Homes
- AACo. Police Investigating Racist Post Made On School’s Website
- Howard Co. English Teacher Arrested On Prostitution, Sexual Solicitation Of A Minor
- $2K Reward Offered In Shopping Center Shooting That Left 71-Year-Old Dead
- Amtrak Threatens Shutdown If Congress Does’t Act