WASHINGTON (WJZ) — A big scare for a college in Washington, D.C.
American University was placed on lockdown Wednesday after receiving calls about a man with a gun.
Nearly two hours later, police said those reports were unfounded.
It turns out, someone actually saw the holster of an off-duty police officer.
No one was hurt.
The campus is now operating normally.
Other Local News:
- Lawyer: ‘Serial’ Defense Crippled By Omission Of Witness
- Charging Hover Board Causes Fire At Baltimore School
- Safety A Focus At International Auto Show In Baltimore
- Report: Prosecutors Intend To Appeal Judge’s Decision To Not Force Porter To Testify
- 35K Petitioners Calling For Mayor To Fire Housing Commissioner