HOWARD COUNTY, Md. (WJZ/HOWARD COUNTY POLICE) — Howard County Police have shut down two spas after an investigation revealed licensing violations and illegal activity.
Detectives closed the DS Spa in the 9100-block of Rumsey Road in Columbia and Ten Oaks Spa in the 3800-block of Ten Oaks Road in Glenelg, both for failure to have licenses. Police also arrested an employee at the DS Spa for prostitution.
Sun Heo, 54, of Flushing, N.Y., was charged after an investigation revealed she had performed a sex act for money inside the DS Spa. A search of the spa revealed six rooms with beds and massage tables, a shower area and condoms.
Police say they found no evidence of human trafficking.
After receiving information about possible suspicious activity at the Ten Oaks Spa, police investigated and found the employees were not licensed.
Police say these cases are part of an ongoing effort to address community concerns about prostitution. Detectives routinely conduct undercover operations to identify and arrest people who attempt to solicit prostitution.
Earlier this year, they also made arrests in an operation targeting online prostitution ads.
Other Local News:
- 400 Dundalk Homes, Businesses Without Water During Water Valve Repairs
- Boaters Catch Video Of Bear As It Swims Across Maryland Lake
- Storm Leaves Downed Trees, High Water In Baltimore County
- Family, Friends Mourn Loss Of Young Mother, 2 Kids In Apartment Fire
- Schools, Libraries Help With Opioid Crisis By Carrying Nalaxone