Howard Co. Police Shut Down 2 Spas For License Violations & Prostitution
Get Breaking News First
HOWARD COUNTY, Md. (WJZ/HOWARD COUNTY POLICE) — Howard County Police have shut down two spas after an investigation revealed licensing violations and illegal activity.
Detectives closed the DS Spa in the 9100-block of Rumsey Road in Columbia and Ten Oaks Spa in the 3800-block of Ten Oaks Road in Glenelg, both for failure to have licenses. Police also arrested an employee at the DS Spa for prostitution.
Sun Heo, 54, of Flushing, N.Y., was charged after an investigation revealed she had performed a sex act for money inside the DS Spa. A search of the spa revealed six rooms with beds and massage tables, a shower area and condoms.
Police say they found no evidence of human trafficking.
After receiving information about possible suspicious activity at the Ten Oaks Spa, police investigated and found the employees were not licensed.
Police say these cases are part of an ongoing effort to address community concerns about prostitution. Detectives routinely conduct undercover operations to identify and arrest people who attempt to solicit prostitution.
Earlier this year, they also made arrests in an operation targeting online prostitution ads.
Other Local News:
- Police Search For 2 Missing Elkton Teens Last Seen Getting Into Dark Colored Car
- Suspect Arrested After 2nd Robbery Attempt In Federal Hill This Week
- Homicide Detectives Called To East Baltimore Shooting
- Brown Goes On The Attack In Latest Campaign Ad For Governor
- Anne Arundel County F.O.P. Supports Ferguson Officer With Donation