Off-Duty Howard Co. Police Officer Charged With DUI
Get Breaking News First
ELLICOTT CITY, Md. (WJZ) — An off-duty Howard County police officer was charged with driving under the influence of
Police say Austin Michael George was stopped around 2:20 a.m. Friday in Ellicott City driving his personal vehicle.
A Howard County police officer noticed a vehicle drifting in the roadway on Rogers Avenue near Route 40. The car drifted to the side of Rogers Avenue, where it came to a stop. The officer approached the car and observed that the driver may be intoxicated. He was charged with driving under the influence.
George has been suspended with pay. He is a 2-year veteran of the Howard County Police Department.
The investigation is ongoing.
Other Local News:
- Local Aircraft Experts Weigh In On The Mystery Of The Missing Malaysian Jetliner
- Crews Battle 3-Alarm Fire At Dundalk Paper Recycling Plant
- Police Officer Shot In East Baltimore; Extremely Critical Condition
- Father In Amber Alert Returned To Md. To Face Murder Charges
- Man Shoots Wife In Randallstown, Flees To Baltimore City & Shoots Himself In Head