Pedestrian Killed In Middle River Train Accident
Get Breaking News First
MIDDLE RIVER, Md. (WJZ) — A pedestrian is dead after being hit by a train in Middle River.
Captain Jeff Long reports it happened around 11 a.m. on Orems Road near Entrance Road.
Officials say an Amtrak train hit the pedestrian on the tracks. That person was declared dead on the scene. He was identified as Kenneth Joseph Grabenstein, 55, of Delaware.
Police and Amtrak reported to the scene.
Witnesses, including the train engineer, say they saw the victim standing in the middle of the tracks, facing the train as it approached. The engineer said he was unable to stop the train, which was traveling at 135 mph.
Other Local News:
- Ex-Baltimore Transit Chief Charged With Bribery, Money Laundering
- Witnesses Rattled After Unmanned Rocket Explosion Near Md. Line
- Hopkins Team To Develop Ebola Training Tool For Medical Workers
- Chris Brown Settles Lawsuit Stemming From D.C. Assault
- Baltimore Cop Charged In Bus Stop Beating Caught On Camera