Pedestrian Killed In Middle River Train Accident
Get Breaking News First
MIDDLE RIVER, Md. (WJZ) — A pedestrian is dead after being hit by a train in Middle River.
Captain Jeff Long reports it happened around 11 a.m. on Orems Road near Entrance Road.
Officials say an Amtrak train hit the pedestrian on the tracks. That person was declared dead on the scene. He was identified as Kenneth Joseph Grabenstein, 55, of Delaware.
Police and Amtrak reported to the scene.
Witnesses, including the train engineer, say they saw the victim standing in the middle of the tracks, facing the train as it approached. The engineer said he was unable to stop the train, which was traveling at 135 mph.
Other Local News:
- 1st Human Trials With Ebola Vaccine To Begin Next Week In Maryland
- Wife Of Md. Congressman Andy Harris Dies Unexpectedly
- NFL To Crack Down On Domestic Violence Amid Criticism Of Ray Rice Punishment
- Ex-Baltimore Cop Convicted In Mistress’ Murder Granted Retrial 20 Years Later
- Gun Debate Grows After 9-Year-Old Accidentally Kills Shooting Instructor