Pedestrian Killed In Middle River Train Accident
MIDDLE RIVER, Md. (WJZ) — A pedestrian is dead after being hit by a train in Middle River.
Captain Jeff Long reports it happened around 11 a.m. on Orems Road near Entrance Road.
Officials say an Amtrak train hit the pedestrian on the tracks. That person was declared dead on the scene. He was identified as Kenneth Joseph Grabenstein, 55, of Delaware.
Police and Amtrak reported to the scene.
Witnesses, including the train engineer, say they saw the victim standing in the middle of the tracks, facing the train as it approached. The engineer said he was unable to stop the train, which was traveling at 135 mph.
Other Local News:
- Judge Denies Motions To Dismiss Charges In Freddie Gray Case; Ruled Individual Trials For 6 Officers
- Fatal Pedestrian Accident Under Investigation In Harford County
- FAA Tackles Growing Drone Problem With New App
- Former Police Commissioner Examines Baltimore Unrest In Panel Discussion
- Police Investigating Threatening Tweet Made Toward La Plata Residents