MIDDLE RIVER, Md. (WJZ) — A pedestrian is dead after being hit by a train in Middle River.
Captain Jeff Long reports it happened around 11 a.m. on Orems Road near Entrance Road.
Officials say an Amtrak train hit the pedestrian on the tracks. That person was declared dead on the scene. He was identified as Kenneth Joseph Grabenstein, 55, of Delaware.
Police and Amtrak reported to the scene.
Witnesses, including the train engineer, say they saw the victim standing in the middle of the tracks, facing the train as it approached. The engineer said he was unable to stop the train, which was traveling at 135 mph.
Other Local News:
- Emergency Services Director: Kent Island Tornado Looks ‘Like Somebody Steered It… Away From Homes’
- Ravens Unveil New 4K Ultra HD Video Boards
- Penn-Mar Experiences Carry Over Outside Of Gardening For The Disabled
- Pratt Central Library Undergoing Major Renovation, Bringing In Old With The New
- Police Search For A Missing 15-Year-Old Teen