MIDDLE RIVER, Md. (WJZ) — A pedestrian is dead after being hit by a train in Middle River.
Captain Jeff Long reports it happened around 11 a.m. on Orems Road near Entrance Road.
Officials say an Amtrak train hit the pedestrian on the tracks. That person was declared dead on the scene. He was identified as Kenneth Joseph Grabenstein, 55, of Delaware.
Police and Amtrak reported to the scene.
Witnesses, including the train engineer, say they saw the victim standing in the middle of the tracks, facing the train as it approached. The engineer said he was unable to stop the train, which was traveling at 135 mph.
Other Local News:
- Baltimore Co. Budgets For New High Schools in Towson and Central-Northeast Areas
- Barbie Gets A Makeover From Maryland Native Designer Christian Siriano
- Man Arrested For Vandalizing The Lincoln Memorial
- City Of Annapolis Holding Primary For Mayor, City Council
- Curtis Bay Area Residents Shelter In Place For 2 Hours After Acid Spill