MIDDLE RIVER, Md. (WJZ) — A pedestrian is dead after being hit by a train in Middle River.
Captain Jeff Long reports it happened around 11 a.m. on Orems Road near Entrance Road.
Officials say an Amtrak train hit the pedestrian on the tracks. That person was declared dead on the scene. He was identified as Kenneth Joseph Grabenstein, 55, of Delaware.
Police and Amtrak reported to the scene.
Witnesses, including the train engineer, say they saw the victim standing in the middle of the tracks, facing the train as it approached. The engineer said he was unable to stop the train, which was traveling at 135 mph.
Other Local News:
- Police: 1 Dead In Reistertown Crash Friday Afternoon
- Disney’s The Lion King Returns To Baltimore
- NASA Uses 20 Years Of Satellite Images To Create Time-Lapse Video Of Earth
- Police: Carroll Co. Man Hunting Groundhogs With Rifle From Moped Arrested
- Reward For Info On Baltimore Detective’s Killer Reaches $190,000