WEATHER BLOG: New Record High!
We set a new record high temperature Saturday at BWI of 71 degrees on this first day of astronomical winter. The previous record was 62 set back in 2011. Sunday’s record high temp will also be in jeopardy as another unseasonably warm day is expected with highs topping out in the mid 70s for many!
Enjoy the mild air now as days like this are uncommon, though not necessarily unprecedented, during the month of December. We can thank low pressure to our southwest and high pressure to our southeast for filtering in such warm air. But it will come at a cost, and that means some rainfall is in the forecast. We could see a passing shower overnight into Sunday morning, but the bulk of the rainfall will move in Sunday night into Monday as a frontal boundary associated with low pressure pushes across our region. We could even see an isolated thundershower develop out ahead of the front during the afternoon on Sunday.
We can say goodbye to the mild air next week as highs are forecast to drop back down into the 30s just in time for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
Other Local News:
- New Documents Show Cyber Hackers Struck Baltimore Days After Riots
- Man Crabbing Drowns After Falling Off Boat In Anne Arundel County
- Uncertainty Among Family Members As Baltimore City Jail Closure Underway
- 45 Homicides In July Becomes Baltimore’s Deadliest Since 1972
- Which City Worker Is Making Top Dollar In Baltimore?