wjz-13 all-news-99-1-wnew 1057-the-fan 1300logo2_67x35

Local

2 Hurt When 12-Year-Old Boy Pours Gas On Campfire

View Comments
(Credit: AP Photo/Orlin Wagner)

(Credit: AP Photo/Orlin Wagner)

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up

BEL AIR, Md. (AP) — Maryland fire investigators say two boys were injured after one poured gasoline onto a campfire at a party at a Bel Air home.

A group of pre-teens were having a party with a campfire outside a home on Gunston Drive on Saturday night. But the Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office says when the parent stepped inside the home, a 12-year-old boy grabbed a bottle of gasoline and poured it on the fire.

Officials say that boy and an 11-year-old boy were injured by the resulting flash fire. The 12-year-old was flown to Johns Hopkins Children’s Center and the 11-year-old was taken there by ambulance.

The fire marshal’s office said Monday that both boys are expected to be released soon and charges won’t be filed because no malicious intent was found.

(Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus