Paul Blair, Former Orioles Center Fielder, Dies At 69
BALTIMORE (WJZ) — Former Oriole Paul Blair has died.
Sources tell WJZ Blair collapsed while bowling in Pikesville Thursday night.
He was rushed to Sinai Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
He played center field for the Orioles from 1964 to 1976, and was with the team when they won two World Series.
Blair earned eight Gold Glove awards–the second most in Orioles history after Hall of Famer Brooks Robinson–who he played with on both championship teams.
He was 69-years-old.
Other Local News:
- Baltimore Business Damaged In Riots Reopens 4 Months Later
- Teen Charged With Raping 9-Year-Old Girl At State Fair
- 4-Year-Old Dies In Baltimore Apartment Fire; 3 Others Hospitalized
- New Blood Test Can Reveal Breast Cancer Well Before Tumor Grows
- Md. Org. Calling For Stricter Gun Laws After Tragic TV Shooting