Paul Blair, Former Orioles Center Fielder, Dies At 69
BALTIMORE (WJZ) — Former Oriole Paul Blair has died.
Sources tell WJZ Blair collapsed while bowling in Pikesville Thursday night.
He was rushed to Sinai Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
He played center field for the Orioles from 1964 to 1976, and was with the team when they won two World Series.
Blair earned eight Gold Glove awards–the second most in Orioles history after Hall of Famer Brooks Robinson–who he played with on both championship teams.
He was 69-years-old.
Other Local News:
- Investigation Continues Into Sexual Misconduct Allegations Against 2 Firefighters
- Feds: Baltimore Jail Illegally Keeping Juveniles In Solitary
- Obama Talks About Drug Trade With ‘The Wire’ Creator David Simon
- W.Va. Woman Gets Year In Jail For Crash That Killed Md. Girl
- Md. Farmer Gets Life In Prison For Worker’s Shooting Death