Woman Shot New Year’s Eve In Joppa Died From Her Injuries
Get Breaking News First
JOPPA, Md. (WJZ)— A 52-year-old woman shot in Joppa on New Year’s Eve died shortly after midnight on New Year’s Day.
Deputies were called to the 400-block of Gilmor Road around 10 p.m. Tuesday and found the woman on her living room floor suffering from at least one gunshot wound.
She was initially transported to Upper Chesapeake Medical Center and then later transferred to the University of Maryland Shock Trauma Center where she was pronounced dead early Wednesday morning.
While the victim has been identified and her family has been notified, detectives are not releasing any additional information pending an autopsy.
Other Local News:
- Report: Man Who Died In Police Custody Consumed Cocaine Prior To Arrest
- AACO Top Cop Addresses Police Mistrust Following Michael Brown Shooting
- Woman Holding Baby Claims She Was Tased By Police; Officers Refute Story
- Forbes Ranks Ravens Fans Among Best In The NFL
- Maryland To Share $75M In Bank Of America Mortgage Fraud Settlement