Woman Shot New Year’s Eve In Joppa Died From Her Injuries
Get Breaking News First
JOPPA, Md. (WJZ)— A 52-year-old woman shot in Joppa on New Year’s Eve died shortly after midnight on New Year’s Day.
Deputies were called to the 400-block of Gilmor Road around 10 p.m. Tuesday and found the woman on her living room floor suffering from at least one gunshot wound.
She was initially transported to Upper Chesapeake Medical Center and then later transferred to the University of Maryland Shock Trauma Center where she was pronounced dead early Wednesday morning.
While the victim has been identified and her family has been notified, detectives are not releasing any additional information pending an autopsy.
Other Local News:
- State Police Say Armed Suspect Fired On Officers, Fled The Scene
- Wind To Blame For Power Outages, Baltimore Building Collapse
- Mall In Columbia Shooter Obsessed With Columbine; No Connection To Victims
- Mount St. Mary’s Headed To NCAA’s Big Dance
- Inspirational Univ. Of Maryland Student Loses Battle With Brain Cancer