JOPPA, Md. (WJZ)— A 52-year-old woman shot in Joppa on New Year’s Eve died shortly after midnight on New Year’s Day.
Deputies were called to the 400-block of Gilmor Road around 10 p.m. Tuesday and found the woman on her living room floor suffering from at least one gunshot wound.
She was initially transported to Upper Chesapeake Medical Center and then later transferred to the University of Maryland Shock Trauma Center where she was pronounced dead early Wednesday morning.
While the victim has been identified and her family has been notified, detectives are not releasing any additional information pending an autopsy.
Other Local News:
- 14-Year-Old Taegan Valenti Still Missing From Owings Mills
- Air Traffic Control Operators Return To Tower At BWI
- Small Group of Protesters Present For Nero’s ‘Not Guilty’ Verdict
- Baltimore Special Ed. Teacher Charged With Human Trafficking, Prostitution
- Community Leaders React To Edward Nero’s Not Guilty Verdict