JOPPA, Md. (WJZ)— A 52-year-old woman shot in Joppa on New Year’s Eve died shortly after midnight on New Year’s Day.
Deputies were called to the 400-block of Gilmor Road around 10 p.m. Tuesday and found the woman on her living room floor suffering from at least one gunshot wound.
She was initially transported to Upper Chesapeake Medical Center and then later transferred to the University of Maryland Shock Trauma Center where she was pronounced dead early Wednesday morning.
While the victim has been identified and her family has been notified, detectives are not releasing any additional information pending an autopsy.
Other Local News:
- Police Force Entry Into Apartment Of Domestic Assault Suspect; Loaded Gun In Plain Sight
- Maryland State Police Arrest Road Rage Suspect For Waving Handgun
- Dangerous ‘Flame Jetting’ Phenomenon Kills Hundreds Every Year
- Sagamore, Port Covington Set Course For South Baltimore Communities
- Blue Angels Give Fast Flying Excitement For Naval Graduation