CROFTON, Md. (WJZ)—Two men were arrested in a copper theft in Anne Arundel County.
Police say just after 4 a.m. Monday, four men were seen running from the scene after stealing $5,000 worth of copper wiring from a construction trailer in the 1400-block of Duke of Kent Drive.
After a brief foot chase, 23-year-old Isaias Jonathan Viera-Sanchez, of Alexandria, Va., and 29-year-old Carlos Baudilio Barrientos-Mejia, of Oxon Hill, Md., were arrested.
Multiple units searched the area for the remaining two suspects, but were unable to locate them.
The stolen copper wiring was recovered from the suspects’ vehicle.
The two suspects in custody are charged with second-degree burglary and theft over $1,000.
One of the suspects was served on an open warrant for failure to appear for a traffic citation.
Other Local News:
- Md. Resources Leaving U.S. Border Until Policy Separating Children From Parents Is Rescinded
- Weather Blog: Summer Storms
- Maryland County Settles Lawsuit With Transgender Teen
- Dunkin’ Donuts Removes Sign Asking Customers To Report When Employees Shout In Foreign Languages
- Salvation Army Closing A Baltimore Family Shelter