2 Men Arrested For Stealing $5,000 Worth Of Copper From A Construction Trailer
Get Breaking News First
CROFTON, Md. (WJZ)—Two men were arrested in a copper theft in Anne Arundel County.
Police say just after 4 a.m. Monday, four men were seen running from the scene after stealing $5,000 worth of copper wiring from a construction trailer in the 1400-block of Duke of Kent Drive.
After a brief foot chase, 23-year-old Isaias Jonathan Viera-Sanchez, of Alexandria, Va., and 29-year-old Carlos Baudilio Barrientos-Mejia, of Oxon Hill, Md., were arrested.
Multiple units searched the area for the remaining two suspects, but were unable to locate them.
The stolen copper wiring was recovered from the suspects’ vehicle.
The two suspects in custody are charged with second-degree burglary and theft over $1,000.
One of the suspects was served on an open warrant for failure to appear for a traffic citation.
Other Local News:
- Coworker Found Disturbing Images That Launched Dr. Levy Investigation
- Man Arrested In Connection With Rosedale Double Fatal Stabbing
- Quilt Memorializing Sexual Assault Survivors Makes Stop In Baltimore
- Maryland Gets First-Ever Salt Cave
- At Least 3 Montgomery Co. Students Confirmed To Have Whooping Cough