CROFTON, Md. (WJZ)—Two men were arrested in a copper theft in Anne Arundel County.
Police say just after 4 a.m. Monday, four men were seen running from the scene after stealing $5,000 worth of copper wiring from a construction trailer in the 1400-block of Duke of Kent Drive.
After a brief foot chase, 23-year-old Isaias Jonathan Viera-Sanchez, of Alexandria, Va., and 29-year-old Carlos Baudilio Barrientos-Mejia, of Oxon Hill, Md., were arrested.
Multiple units searched the area for the remaining two suspects, but were unable to locate them.
The stolen copper wiring was recovered from the suspects’ vehicle.
The two suspects in custody are charged with second-degree burglary and theft over $1,000.
One of the suspects was served on an open warrant for failure to appear for a traffic citation.
Other Local News:
- Lawyer: ‘Serial’ Defense Crippled By Omission Of Witness
- Report: Prosecutors Intend To Appeal Judge’s Decision To Not Force Porter To Testify
- 35K Petitioners Calling For Mayor To Fire Housing Commissioner
- UMBC Junior Introduces President Obama Before Historic Speech
- Safety A Focus At International Auto Show In Baltimore