ELLICOTT CITY, Md. (WJZ)—Though the Ravens won’t be going to the Super Bowl this year, a man from Ellicott City is on his way there. His ad for Doritos has made the top five and could air during the big game.
Jessica Kartalija reports he is already a winner for being selected in the top five.
Selected by fans as one of the best Doritos ads of the year, creator Raj Suri joined WJZ via Skype.
“We are all pretty excited and pretty thrilled,” Suri said. “This whole experience has been surreal.”
It cost Suri–a Centennial high graduate– just $300 to make the ad. Now it’s one of the top five finalists in the “Crash The Super Bowl” contest.
“We shot the commercial at my director’s parents’ house,” Suri said. “The dog is the family dog. Now you can see how we’re sticking to 300 bucks, right?”
It’s incredible considering companies pay a whopping $4 million per 30-second commercial, and ad spots sold out months ago!
Two of the five finalists, one picked by Doritos and another by fans in an online poll, will air during the game. There’s also a $1 million grand prize for the ad that receives the most votes.
“Just really appealing, really cute, really sweet and I think it’s really funny, and I think it’s rare that you have all of those elements and I think it’s just a spot that everyone can be proud of,” Suri said.
Suri will be watching the game from the Doritos suite at the Super Bowl.
To see the entire ad, and cast your vote, click here.
Other Local News:
- Ex-Maryland Senator Awaiting Fraud Sentence To Repay $5K
- Md. Senator Bashes Trump Administration After Touring Detention Facilities Housing Children Of Illegal Immigrants
- Severe Thunderstorms Leaves Path Of Destruction Across Region
- Riders Safely Removed After Roller Coaster Stalls At Md. Six Flags
- Baltimore County Preps For Severe Weather As We Approach Hurricane Season