COLUMBIA, Md. (WJZ) — Howard County Police arrest two suspects for robbing a Columbia bank.
Officers were called to the PNC Bank in the 10400-block of Little Patuxent Parkway around 9:50 a.m. Saturday.
Bank employees say a male suspect with a handgun entered the bank, announced a robbery and demanded money. An employee gave the suspect an unconfirmed amount of cash and the suspect fled.
Police believe a second suspect acted as a lookout and the two men fled in a stolen vehicle. No one was injured.
Police located the suspects in a wooded area behind River Meadows Drive about 30 minutes later. Both suspects were taken into custody without incident.
Calvin Abney, 23, of Oxon Hill and Richard Abney, 28 of Capitol Heights have been charged with armed robbery, robbery, multiple counts of assault, theft, reckless endangerment, auto theft and a handgun violation.
They are both being held at the Howard County Detention Center on $750,000 bond.
Other Local News:
- NE Baltimore Community Still Reeling After Fire Kills 6 Children
- QA Co. Deputy Shot In December Discharged From Hospital
- Security Measures Being Put In Place In Prep For Inauguration Day
- Former Ravens Pres. David Modell’s Funeral To Be Held Tuesday
- Local Performers React To Barnum & Bailey Circus Closing