COLUMBIA, Md. (WJZ) — Howard County Police arrest two suspects for robbing a Columbia bank.
Officers were called to the PNC Bank in the 10400-block of Little Patuxent Parkway around 9:50 a.m. Saturday.
Bank employees say a male suspect with a handgun entered the bank, announced a robbery and demanded money. An employee gave the suspect an unconfirmed amount of cash and the suspect fled.
Police believe a second suspect acted as a lookout and the two men fled in a stolen vehicle. No one was injured.
Police located the suspects in a wooded area behind River Meadows Drive about 30 minutes later. Both suspects were taken into custody without incident.
Calvin Abney, 23, of Oxon Hill and Richard Abney, 28 of Capitol Heights have been charged with armed robbery, robbery, multiple counts of assault, theft, reckless endangerment, auto theft and a handgun violation.
They are both being held at the Howard County Detention Center on $750,000 bond.
Other Local News:
- Md. Attorney General Signs Off On Giant, Food Lion Merger
- Report: State Indicates Possible Appeal In New Trial for Adnan Syed
- Restaurant That Served Driver Who Killed Noah Leotta Forfeits License
- State Faces Hurdle in Trial of 5th Officer Charged in Freddie Gray Case
- Police: Man Found Shot in Head on Patapsco Ave. ‘Critical’