BALTIMORE (WJZ)—Baltimore City Police have made an arrest more than a year after a teen was gunned down in the streets of East Baltimore.
Jamol Kingsborough, 19, was taken in custody Wednesday for the shooting death of 19-year-old Darius Taybron.
Police say just after 3:25 p.m. on Oct. 20, 2012, Taybron was found suffering from multiple gunshot wounds in the 2500-block of E. Hoffman Street. He was transported to a local hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
The Office of the Medical Examiner later ruled his death a homicide as a result of being shot multiple times.
Kingsborough was charged with first-degree murder and assault charges. He is being held at Central Booking.
Other Local News:
- Dave Odom Tied To College Basketball’s Biggest Upsets
- UMBC Basks In 15 Minutes Of Fame As Cinderella Of The NCAA
- Baltimore Church Gets Street Renamed After Pastor Who Helped Rebuild Following Fire
- UMBC Fans Across Maryland Cheering On Underdogs’ Historic NCAA Tournament Run
- UMBC Retrievers Hungry For Win Against Kansas State