GLEN BURNIE, Md. (WJZ) — The suspect being called a one man crime wave in Anne Arundel County is now behind bars.
Police say Edmond Riggs is responsible for at least four commercial robberies in the Glen Burnie area.
In each instance, detectives say Riggs displayed a handgun and demanded money be placed into a plastic shopping bag.
He was later arrested after attempting to grab a woman’s purse at gunpoint.
Investigators then developed evidence to link Riggs to the other robberies.
He now faces 35 counts, including robbery, assault and handgun violations.
“These cases highlight the importance of keen awareness by patrol officers along with excellent follow-up investigation by robbery detectives,” said Anne Arundel County Police Chief Kevin Davis. “While our county experienced a drop in crime in many areas last year, this suspect was a one man crime wave in Anne Arundel County, who fortunately is now off the streets.”
Riggs is being held at the Anne Arundel County Detention Center without bail.
Other Local News:
- ACLU Requests Body Cam Footage Of BPD’s Interaction With Residents During Slain Cop Investigation
- 29-Year-Old Man Shot In South Baltimore, Police Asking People With Information To Come Forward
- Lawsuit Claims Johns Hopkins Favored Out-Of-State Patients Over Locals
- Legos, Lights, And Latkes To Celebrate The Third Night Of Hanukkah
- Deputy Chief Fire Marshal Killed While Trying To Rescue Someone To Be Laid To Rest