GLEN BURNIE, Md. (WJZ) — The suspect being called a one man crime wave in Anne Arundel County is now behind bars.
Police say Edmond Riggs is responsible for at least four commercial robberies in the Glen Burnie area.
In each instance, detectives say Riggs displayed a handgun and demanded money be placed into a plastic shopping bag.
He was later arrested after attempting to grab a woman’s purse at gunpoint.
Investigators then developed evidence to link Riggs to the other robberies.
He now faces 35 counts, including robbery, assault and handgun violations.
“These cases highlight the importance of keen awareness by patrol officers along with excellent follow-up investigation by robbery detectives,” said Anne Arundel County Police Chief Kevin Davis. “While our county experienced a drop in crime in many areas last year, this suspect was a one man crime wave in Anne Arundel County, who fortunately is now off the streets.”
Riggs is being held at the Anne Arundel County Detention Center without bail.
Other Local News:
- Carroll County Putting Deputies At Schools Following Shootings
- Police: 3 Suspects Wanted In Armed Robbery, Carjacking Of Pizza Delivery Driver
- Carmelo Anthony Teams Up With MTV, NAACP To Send Baltimore Students To ‘March For Our Lives’ In D.C.
- Burglars Steal Carnival Rides That Were To Be Donated To Children’s Hospital
- Cell Phone Mapping Used In Phylicia Barnes Murder Trial