CROFTON, Md. (WJZ) — An apartment fire in Crofton causes $15,000 in damage.
It happened around 5:30 p.m. Thursday in the 1600-block of Parkridge Circle.
The fire began on the balcony of a second floor apartment and entered the living area where the early activation of the building’s sprinkler system contained the fire.
A 20-year-old man in the apartment at the time of the fire was not hurt.
The cause was determined to be improperly discarded smoking materials.
No additional residents were displaced and no injuries were reported.
Other Local News:
- Trump Cheered By Fans At Annual Army-Navy Game
- Army Beats Navy 21-17 To End 14-Year Losing Streak In Series
- Mayor Pugh Hand-Delivers Letter To Pres-Elect Trump On City Infrastructure
- 1 In Custody, 4 At Large After Salisbury Armed Bank Robbery
- 2 Suspects Arrested for Burglary and Theft After Eluding State Troopers