CROFTON, Md. (WJZ) — An apartment fire in Crofton causes $15,000 in damage.
It happened around 5:30 p.m. Thursday in the 1600-block of Parkridge Circle.
The fire began on the balcony of a second floor apartment and entered the living area where the early activation of the building’s sprinkler system contained the fire.
A 20-year-old man in the apartment at the time of the fire was not hurt.
The cause was determined to be improperly discarded smoking materials.
No additional residents were displaced and no injuries were reported.
Other Local News:
- Man On Motorcycle Seriously Injured After Avoiding Collision With Pickup Truck
- Elderly Woman Dies In Early Morning Fire
- Family Looking For Answers Months After Son Hit By Car, Up Reward To $8K
- Area Pet Store Hosts Dog Wash-A-Thon For Hurricane Relief
- Bus Of College Students Catches Fire Along I-95 S In Howard Co.