CROFTON, Md. (WJZ) — An apartment fire in Crofton causes $15,000 in damage.
It happened around 5:30 p.m. Thursday in the 1600-block of Parkridge Circle.
The fire began on the balcony of a second floor apartment and entered the living area where the early activation of the building’s sprinkler system contained the fire.
A 20-year-old man in the apartment at the time of the fire was not hurt.
The cause was determined to be improperly discarded smoking materials.
No additional residents were displaced and no injuries were reported.
Other Local News:
- Holocaust Play ‘Book of Joseph’ Coming To Baltimore
- Prince George’s Co. Cop Accused Of Assaulting Girlfriend Suspended
- Last 2 Juveniles Accused Of Attacking, Carjacking Pregnant Teacher Arrested
- Teen Saves Brother Thanks To CPR Training In Md. Schools
- Maryland Student Given 4-Month Sentence For Bringing Gun To School