COLUMBIA, Md. (WJZ)—Firefighters in Howard County battled an early morning fire at a Columbia office building.
Units were dispatched just before 6:30 a.m. Friday to the 10400-block of Little Patuxent Parkway in Columbia to investigate an automatic fire alarm sounding.
The fire appeared to have started from the lower level of the building. The fire was extinguished but not before traveling into the exhaust duct system.
Crews quickly brought the blaze under control and continued to investigate to ensure the fire didn’t spread.
No one was injured.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
Other Local News:
- Maryland Students Rocked By Recent Shooting Head To Rally
- Organizers Hope To Draw Half A Million To Gun Control Rally
- Students Preparing For ‘March For Our Lives’ Protests In Baltimore, D.C.
- Pedestrian Struck, ‘Possibly Intentionally,’ In Downtown Baltimore
- Md. Students Showcase Bridge Projects For National Civil Engineering Competition