COLUMBIA, Md. (WJZ)—Firefighters in Howard County battled an early morning fire at a Columbia office building.
Units were dispatched just before 6:30 a.m. Friday to the 10400-block of Little Patuxent Parkway in Columbia to investigate an automatic fire alarm sounding.
The fire appeared to have started from the lower level of the building. The fire was extinguished but not before traveling into the exhaust duct system.
Crews quickly brought the blaze under control and continued to investigate to ensure the fire didn’t spread.
No one was injured.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
Other Local News:
- Md. Attorney General Signs Off On Giant, Food Lion Merger
- Report: State Indicates Possible Appeal In New Trial for Adnan Syed
- Restaurant That Served Driver Who Killed Noah Leotta Forfeits License
- State Faces Hurdle in Trial of 5th Officer Charged in Freddie Gray Case
- Police: Man Found Shot in Head on Patapsco Ave. ‘Critical’