COLUMBIA, Md. (WJZ)—Firefighters in Howard County battled an early morning fire at a Columbia office building.
Units were dispatched just before 6:30 a.m. Friday to the 10400-block of Little Patuxent Parkway in Columbia to investigate an automatic fire alarm sounding.
The fire appeared to have started from the lower level of the building. The fire was extinguished but not before traveling into the exhaust duct system.
Crews quickly brought the blaze under control and continued to investigate to ensure the fire didn’t spread.
No one was injured.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
Other Local News:
- Authorities Investigating Near Drowning of 9-Year-Old Girl In Baltimore
- Church Community Outaged After Pastor Is Gunned Down In Baltimore
- Police: DC Man Charged With Sexually Abusing Teen At Mall
- Coca Cola Debuts Limited-Edition Patriotic Cans
- Dozens of Firefighters Battle Blaze At Hyattsville Shopping Center