COLUMBIA, Md. (WJZ)—Firefighters in Howard County battled an early morning fire at a Columbia office building.
Units were dispatched just before 6:30 a.m. Friday to the 10400-block of Little Patuxent Parkway in Columbia to investigate an automatic fire alarm sounding.
The fire appeared to have started from the lower level of the building. The fire was extinguished but not before traveling into the exhaust duct system.
Crews quickly brought the blaze under control and continued to investigate to ensure the fire didn’t spread.
No one was injured.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
Other Local News:
- One Step Closer: First Portion Of Hyperloop System Between New York and Washington Approved
- ‘In Seconds, He Shot My Three Friends’: Workplace Shooting Survivor Recounts Horror
- Witness: Workplace Shooter Was Increasingly Angry, Hostile
- Victims Of Edgewood Business Shooting Described As Family By Co-Workers
- Police Officer Seriously Hurt In Hit-And-Run At Traffic Stop