HOLLYWOOD, Md. (WJZ)—Maryland State Police are investigating a possible attempted murder-suicide in St. Mary’s County.
Police say 48-year-old James Daniel Dean shot his wife, 43-year-old Angela Dean, multiple times in an attempted murder plot before turning the gun on himself.
The scene unfolded shortly before midnight Thursday at their home in the 43,000-block of Johnson Road in Hollywood, Md.
Angela Dean called 911, reporting that her husband was in the process of loading a gun. During the 911 phone call, which lasted less than one minute, apparent gunshots were heard in the background.
Maryland State Police responded to the scene. After forcing entry into the home, police found James Dean on the living floor with an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound. Emergency medical personnel pronounced him dead and transported his body to the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner for an autopsy.
Angela was found nearby with apparent gunshot wounds and was flown to the PGH Trauma Unit, where she currently remains.
Other Local News:
- Could A Glass Of Wine Or Beer A Day Increase Your Chance Of Breast Cancer?
- Suicide Bomber At Ariana Grande Concert Kills 22, Injures Dozens
- Baltimore Police Has Online Submission For ‘The Keepers’ Sex Offenses
- Police Force Entry Into Apartment Of Domestic Assault Suspect; Loaded Gun In Plain Sight
- Maryland State Police Arrest Road Rage Suspect For Waving Handgun