HOLLYWOOD, Md. (WJZ)—Maryland State Police are investigating a possible attempted murder-suicide in St. Mary’s County.
Police say 48-year-old James Daniel Dean shot his wife, 43-year-old Angela Dean, multiple times in an attempted murder plot before turning the gun on himself.
The scene unfolded shortly before midnight Thursday at their home in the 43,000-block of Johnson Road in Hollywood, Md.
Angela Dean called 911, reporting that her husband was in the process of loading a gun. During the 911 phone call, which lasted less than one minute, apparent gunshots were heard in the background.
Maryland State Police responded to the scene. After forcing entry into the home, police found James Dean on the living floor with an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound. Emergency medical personnel pronounced him dead and transported his body to the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner for an autopsy.
Angela was found nearby with apparent gunshot wounds and was flown to the PGH Trauma Unit, where she currently remains.
Other Local News:
- Hampden Community Holds Vigil for New York Man Killed by Baltimore Man
- BPD ID’d Officer Who Shot & Killed Man; Held 2 Toddlers at Knife-point
- Orioles Season Ticket-Holders Get First Dibs at Seats at Tag Day
- DuPont Family Trust Lawsuit Moved from Maryland to Delaware
- Women’s History Month Rally Held In Annapolis