ANNAPOLIS, Md. (WJZ) — A major gas leak in Anne Arundel County keeps residents out of their homes for hours Sunday.
It happened in the Heritage Harbour community in Annapolis.
Residents started smelling gas in the afternoon, but it took awhile for firefighters to find the leak because it was underground.
During that time, residents were not allowed into the neighborhood and those already inside were told to stay there.
About three hours later, all roads into the neighborhood were reopened.
BGE crews will remain throughout the night repairing the leak.
Other Local News:
- Hundreds Of Thousands March For Gun Control In The US
- Hiker Rescued After Falling Into Stream In Western Md.
- Police Investigating Double Shooting In West Baltimore
- ‘March For Our Lives’ Protesters In Baltimore Call For Gun Reform And Safer Schools, Communities
- Students Take Part In ‘March For Our Lives’ Protests In Baltimore, D.C.