ANNAPOLIS, Md. (WJZ) — A major gas leak in Anne Arundel County keeps residents out of their homes for hours Sunday.
It happened in the Heritage Harbour community in Annapolis.
Residents started smelling gas in the afternoon, but it took awhile for firefighters to find the leak because it was underground.
During that time, residents were not allowed into the neighborhood and those already inside were told to stay there.
About three hours later, all roads into the neighborhood were reopened.
BGE crews will remain throughout the night repairing the leak.
Other Local News:
- Still Unclear What Drove Man To Kill Wife And Son, Commit Suicide
- Impeachment Sought After Alleged Racist, Sexist Comments By Md. Sheriff
- City School Student Found Not Guilty Of Killing Classmate
- Md. Wrestler Kyle Snyder Vows to Compete In 5 Olympic Games
- Oyster Gardens Coming To Baltimore’s Inner Harbor