ANNAPOLIS, Md. (WJZ) — A major gas leak in Anne Arundel County keeps residents out of their homes for hours Sunday.
It happened in the Heritage Harbour community in Annapolis.
Residents started smelling gas in the afternoon, but it took awhile for firefighters to find the leak because it was underground.
During that time, residents were not allowed into the neighborhood and those already inside were told to stay there.
About three hours later, all roads into the neighborhood were reopened.
BGE crews will remain throughout the night repairing the leak.
Other Local News:
- Police Attempt To ID Shooting Suspect Caught On Camera
- Officials: Man Dove In Water To ‘Un-Anchor’ Boat; Didn’t Resurface
- Dangerous Baltimore Intersection Dubbed ‘Crash Corner’ Gets Makeover
- Md. State House Trust Votes To Remove Taney Statue In Annapolis
- Judge Denies New Sentencing Hearing For DC Sniper