ANNAPOLIS, Md. (WJZ) — A major gas leak in Anne Arundel County keeps residents out of their homes for hours Sunday.
It happened in the Heritage Harbour community in Annapolis.
Residents started smelling gas in the afternoon, but it took awhile for firefighters to find the leak because it was underground.
During that time, residents were not allowed into the neighborhood and those already inside were told to stay there.
About three hours later, all roads into the neighborhood were reopened.
BGE crews will remain throughout the night repairing the leak.
Other Local News:
- Coast Guard Suspends Search For Baltimore Man Missing From VA Coast
- Officials Investigating Bus Fire On I-95 S, Traffic Affected
- Over 1,000 Displaced From 2-Alarm Electrical Fire In Bethesda Apt. Complex
- 15-Year-Old Boy In Critical Condition After Being Shot In Elkridge
- Services For Edgewood Shooting Victim Announced