ANNAPOLIS, Md. (WJZ) — A major gas leak in Anne Arundel County keeps residents out of their homes for hours Sunday.
It happened in the Heritage Harbour community in Annapolis.
Residents started smelling gas in the afternoon, but it took awhile for firefighters to find the leak because it was underground.
During that time, residents were not allowed into the neighborhood and those already inside were told to stay there.
About three hours later, all roads into the neighborhood were reopened.
BGE crews will remain throughout the night repairing the leak.
Other Local News:
- University of Maryland Medical Center Gets National Cancer Institute’s Highest Designation
- More Than A Year After Freddie Gray’s Death, Baltimore Police Roll Out New Police Vans
- Police ID Woman Found Dead in Apartment Complex Laundry Room
- Girl Critical After Rescue From Baltimore Creek
- Horse Goes Missing Near Patapsco State Recreation Area