MONTGOMERY COUNTY, Md. (WJZ) — A Maryland 10-year-old boy has died after he and two friends were rescued from an icy pond.
The Montgomery County fire department says the three boys–all between the ages of 9 and 12–fell through a thin layer of ice on a retaining pond in Gaithersburg.
Firefighters quickly pulled the two boys from the water but it took a half hour to find the third on the bottom of the pond.
He died at the hospital.
Other Local News:
- Mayor Pugh Vetoes $15 Minimum Wage Bill, Workers, Business Owners React
- Man Stopped For Medical Emergency, Found To Be Sex Trafficking Suspect By Police
- Police: Waldorf Father Killed Daughters, Shot Wife Before Turning Gun On Himself
- Baby Boy Killed, Babysitter Injured After Family Dog Attacks
- VIDEO: Police Still Searching For Suspect In Trans Woman Death, ID Vehicle Possibly Involved