Boy Dies After Being Rescued From Icy Pond
MONTGOMERY COUNTY, Md. (WJZ) — A Maryland 10-year-old boy has died after he and two friends were rescued from an icy pond.
The Montgomery County fire department says the three boys–all between the ages of 9 and 12–fell through a thin layer of ice on a retaining pond in Gaithersburg.
Firefighters quickly pulled the two boys from the water but it took a half hour to find the third on the bottom of the pond.
He died at the hospital.
Other Local News:
- Possible Police-Involved Shooting Under Investigation In East Baltimore
- Crews On Scene Of 3-Alarm Fire At Dundalk Paper Warehouse
- Man Shoots Wife, Flees To Baltimore City & Shoots Himself In Head
- Residents Displaced After Odenton Apartment Fire Burglarized
- Father In Amber Alert Returned To Md. To Face Murder Charges