Boy Dies After Being Rescued From Icy Pond
MONTGOMERY COUNTY, Md. (WJZ) — A Maryland 10-year-old boy has died after he and two friends were rescued from an icy pond.
The Montgomery County fire department says the three boys–all between the ages of 9 and 12–fell through a thin layer of ice on a retaining pond in Gaithersburg.
Firefighters quickly pulled the two boys from the water but it took a half hour to find the third on the bottom of the pond.
He died at the hospital.
Other Local News:
- 2 Men Robbed And Beaten Outside Southeast Baltimore Church
- Cruise Line Officials Address Recent Health And Safety Issues
- Ex-Honors Student From Md. Sentenced To 5 Years In Jihadist Terror Plot
- Surveillance Captures Person Of Interest In Hanover Carjacking
- Towson Teacher Injured In Boston Marathon Returns One Year After Bombings