MONTGOMERY COUNTY, Md. (WJZ) — A Maryland 10-year-old boy has died after he and two friends were rescued from an icy pond.
The Montgomery County fire department says the three boys–all between the ages of 9 and 12–fell through a thin layer of ice on a retaining pond in Gaithersburg.
Firefighters quickly pulled the two boys from the water but it took a half hour to find the third on the bottom of the pond.
He died at the hospital.
Other Local News:
- Police: Infant Dies After Being ‘Tortured’ By Daycare Worker
- Gov. Larry Hogan Vetoes Paid Sick Leave Bill
- Police Believe Armored Truck Robbery Is Connected To Others
- Police: Driver Involved In Fatal Tow Truck Crash May Have Used Alcohol/Drugs
- Md. State Police Makes Drug Bust Spanning 5 Counties, Including Delaware; $130,000 Worth Of Drugs