Boy Dies After Being Rescued From Icy Pond
MONTGOMERY COUNTY, Md. (WJZ) — A Maryland 10-year-old boy has died after he and two friends were rescued from an icy pond.
The Montgomery County fire department says the three boys–all between the ages of 9 and 12–fell through a thin layer of ice on a retaining pond in Gaithersburg.
Firefighters quickly pulled the two boys from the water but it took a half hour to find the third on the bottom of the pond.
He died at the hospital.
Other Local News:
- Baltimore Co. Fire Dept. Releases Report From Night Firefighter Died
- 17-Year-Old Youth Leader Laid To Rest As City Leaders Work To Stop Teen Violence
- Students At American University Call For Action After Shocking Emails Leaked
- More Than Half Of Maryland Voters Still Undecided On Next Governor
- Memorial Held For Man Who Died During Diving Trip With Friends In Indonesia