ODENTON, Md. (WJZ)—Police say four men robbed and assaulted a man living in a shed and his guest early Tuesday morning. Anne Arundel County Police arrested one suspect, but three remain at large.
It happened around 1:30 a.m. Tuesday in the 1500-block of Annapolis Road in Odenton. Police patrolling the area spotted four men walk behind a building.
The officers went behind the building and saw the men running from a shed, where a 59-year-old man resides.
The victim told police that the four suspects entered the shed, assaulted him with an unknown object and stole phones and money from him and a 48-year-old male acquaintance.
One suspect was armed with a handgun.
The officers chased the suspects on foot behind the Weis market in the 2200-block of Blue Water Boulevard and apprehended one suspect, identified as Dwight David Gunter, Jr., 22, of Severn.
Numerous other officers along with K-9 responded to the area, but the remaining three suspects were not located.
Gunter was arrested and charged with robbery and burglary.
The 59-year-old victim was transported by ambulance to Anne Arundel Medical Center for treatment of minor injuries. The second victim was treated at the scene.
Other Local News:
- Hampden Community Holds Vigil for New York Man Killed by Baltimore Man
- BPD ID’d Officer Who Shot & Killed Man; Held 2 Toddlers at Knife-point
- Orioles Season Ticket-Holders Get First Dibs at Seats at Tag Day
- DuPont Family Trust Lawsuit Moved from Maryland to Delaware
- Women’s History Month Rally Held In Annapolis