Police: 4 Men Rob & Assault Odenton Man Who Lives In A Shed; 1 Arrested
ODENTON, Md. (WJZ)—Police say four men robbed and assaulted a man living in a shed and his guest early Tuesday morning. Anne Arundel County Police arrested one suspect, but three remain at large.
It happened around 1:30 a.m. Tuesday in the 1500-block of Annapolis Road in Odenton. Police patrolling the area spotted four men walk behind a building.
The officers went behind the building and saw the men running from a shed, where a 59-year-old man resides.
The victim told police that the four suspects entered the shed, assaulted him with an unknown object and stole phones and money from him and a 48-year-old male acquaintance.
One suspect was armed with a handgun.
The officers chased the suspects on foot behind the Weis market in the 2200-block of Blue Water Boulevard and apprehended one suspect, identified as Dwight David Gunter, Jr., 22, of Severn.
Numerous other officers along with K-9 responded to the area, but the remaining three suspects were not located.
Gunter was arrested and charged with robbery and burglary.
The 59-year-old victim was transported by ambulance to Anne Arundel Medical Center for treatment of minor injuries. The second victim was treated at the scene.
Other Local News:
- Traffic Stop Escalates In Parking Lot Of Baltimore City School
- Prince George’s Co. Officer Who Died In Crash Was Driving While Impaired
- Cosby Supporters Butt Heads With Protestors At The Lyric
- Charges Filed Against Comets Player Accused Of Headbutting Blast’s Pat Healey
- Slain Maryland Toddler’s Mom Pleads Guilty To Ohio Charges