MILLERSVILLE, Md. (WJZ)— Two people are dead after a Wednesday morning crash on Veterans Highway in Anne Arundel County.
It happened just after 9 a.m. when police say a 1990 BMW 325i traveling southbound on Veterans Highway just past Crain Highway lost control. The vehicle crossed the center line into the northbound lanes of traffic, where it was T-boned by a 2012 Chevrolet Cruze.
The BMW driver, 42-year-old Anthony Lee Allen, and front seat passenger, 32-year-old Shane Brandon Snyder, were pronounced dead at the scene.
The other vehicle occupant, Vicki Michelle Collins, was transported to Baltimore Washington Medical Center and is in stable condition.
Alcohol does not appear to be a contributing factor. Police say excessive speed and driver error appear to be factors.
These are the first two fatal accidents of 2014. Last year, Anne Arundel County recorded 28 fatalities, down from 39 fatalities in 2012.
Other Local News:
- Md. Resources Leaving U.S. Border Until Policy Separating Children From Parents Is Rescinded
- Weather Blog: Summer Storms
- Maryland County Settles Lawsuit With Transgender Teen
- Dunkin’ Donuts Removes Sign Asking Customers To Report When Employees Shout In Foreign Languages
- Salvation Army Closing A Baltimore Family Shelter