wjz-13 all-news-99-1-wnew 1057-the-fan 1300logo2_67x35

Local

1 Dead, 1 Injured From CO Poisoning In Cumberland

View Comments
carbon monoxide detector

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up

CUMBERLAND, Md. (AP) — Police say one man died of apparent carbon monoxide poisoning and a second man was hospitalized in critical condition after the men were painting in a fume-filled Cumberland home.

The Cumberland Times-News reports that the men were found unconscious in a home on Boone Street on Tuesday.

Police said Chester Porter Jr., 63, of Cumberland was pronounced dead at the scene and Ronald Mowery, 67, of Ellerslie was taken to Western Maryland Regional Medical Center in critical condition.

Porter’s body was taken to the Maryland State Medical Examiner’s Office for an autopsy to determine cause of death.

A gasoline-powered generator and a kerosene heater were being used inside the unoccupied home where the men were working and police say the carbon monoxide levels become lethal.

(Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 3,220 other followers