GLEN BURNIE, Md. (WJZ)— A Dundalk man is facing multiple charges after assaulting an Anne Arundel County police officer during an arrest.
Just after midnight Thursday, police were called to the 7800- block of Woodside Terrace in Glen Burnie for a domestic violence incident.
Upon arrival, officers spoke with the 24-year-old female victim, who said her boyfriend assaulted her in Baltimore County on Wednesday and was now attempting to get into her mother’s home in Glen Burnie.
Police say Eliuth Luis Delcid, 22, started punching one of the officers when they confronted him. Officers had to use a Taser before handcuffing him but say he continued to violently resist even after the use of the Taser.
When Delcid calmed down, he was transported to an area hospital for non-life threatening injuries. The officer was transported to an area hospital for non-life threatening injuries.
Delcid was arrested and charged with assault on law enforcement, two counts of second-degree assault, reckless endangerment, resisting arrest, trespassing, disorderly conduct, and failure to obey. He was also served on an outstanding warrant for second-degree assault.
Other Local News:
- Maryland Police Officer Hospitalized After Being Hit By Car
- Charges Dropped For Maintenance Man In Sex-For-Repairs Case
- Driver Strikes Capitol Police Cruiser, Taken Into Custody
- Family Dog Discovers Fire in Md. Home; Alerts Occupant to Escape
- Police: Man Killed in Crash After Driver Failed to Stop at Red Light