FERNDALE, Md. (WJZ) — A pedestrian is in serious condition at Shock Trauma after being struck by a car.
According to police, Lawrence Tholen, 53, was crossing Baltimore Annapolis Boulevard shortly before 6 p.m. Saturday. He was then struck by a Chevy Cruze.
Officials say Tholen was crossing against the traffic signal.
He has extensive leg and facial injuries, but they’re believed to be non-life threatening.
The driver, Nikki Estraca, was not injured. Officials say Estraca had not been drinking but that Tholen had been.
They believe Tholen’s alcohol usage is a contributing factor to the accident.
Other Local News:
- Baltimore County Police Arrest 2 Suspects Connected To 3 Homicides Weeks Apart
- The House That Chef Boyardee Built Up For Auction On Md.’s Eastern Shore
- New Laws Take Effect In Maryland On July 1
- 2 University Employees File Discrimination Lawsuit In Md.
- Anne Arundel To Screen Inmates For Immigration Violations