FERNDALE, Md. (WJZ) — A pedestrian is in serious condition at Shock Trauma after being struck by a car.
According to police, Lawrence Tholen, 53, was crossing Baltimore Annapolis Boulevard shortly before 6 p.m. Saturday. He was then struck by a Chevy Cruze.
Officials say Tholen was crossing against the traffic signal.
He has extensive leg and facial injuries, but they’re believed to be non-life threatening.
The driver, Nikki Estraca, was not injured. Officials say Estraca had not been drinking but that Tholen had been.
They believe Tholen’s alcohol usage is a contributing factor to the accident.
Other Local News:
- Dumped Patient’s Lawyer: The Hospital ‘Left My Client To Die’
- Decision Expected In Lawsuit Of Baltimore Man Pepper Sprayed, Arrested By Police
- Cellphone Jamming System Tested At Md. Prison To Combat Smuggling
- Universities Help Baltimore Police Rebuild Trust
- Hogan Backs Redistricting Reform, No Matter Who’s In Power