FERNDALE, Md. (WJZ) — A pedestrian is in serious condition at Shock Trauma after being struck by a car.
According to police, Lawrence Tholen, 53, was crossing Baltimore Annapolis Boulevard shortly before 6 p.m. Saturday. He was then struck by a Chevy Cruze.
Officials say Tholen was crossing against the traffic signal.
He has extensive leg and facial injuries, but they’re believed to be non-life threatening.
The driver, Nikki Estraca, was not injured. Officials say Estraca had not been drinking but that Tholen had been.
They believe Tholen’s alcohol usage is a contributing factor to the accident.
Other Local News:
- Two Rescued From Burning Home By Balto Co Officers & Good Samaritan
- Mayor Catherine Pugh Getting Down To Business On First Day In Office
- NTSB Report: School Bus Driver Had Been Involved In 12 Incidents In 5 Years
- Oakland Mills HS Students Stage Walkout Over Racial Tensions
- Retiring Sen. Mikulski To Give Speech Summarizing Service