FERNDALE, Md. (WJZ) — A pedestrian is in serious condition at Shock Trauma after being struck by a car.
According to police, Lawrence Tholen, 53, was crossing Baltimore Annapolis Boulevard shortly before 6 p.m. Saturday. He was then struck by a Chevy Cruze.
Officials say Tholen was crossing against the traffic signal.
He has extensive leg and facial injuries, but they’re believed to be non-life threatening.
The driver, Nikki Estraca, was not injured. Officials say Estraca had not been drinking but that Tholen had been.
They believe Tholen’s alcohol usage is a contributing factor to the accident.
Other Local News:
- $5 Million Study Set for New Chesapeake Bay Crossing
- Guilty Plea For Parkville Man Who Videotaped Young Girls At Swim Meets
- USDA to Reopen Offices Closed After Email Threats
- First Warning WX: Hurricane Watch In Effect As Tropical Depression Nears Florida Gulf
- ‘Preservation Resource Center’ Aims to Assist Ellicott City Flood Victims