MILLERSVILLE, Md. (WJZ) — Anne Arundel County firefighters were busy with two overnight fires on opposite sides of the county early Tuesday morning.
The first happened in the 1700-block of Columbia Beach Road in Shady Side. When firefighters arrived, they found a three-story home heavily involved in fire and threatening adjacent structures.
Firefighters from Anne Arundel County, Annapolis City and Calvert County were able to bring the two-alarm fire under control in two hours.
The home was unoccupied at the time of the fire. Total damage is estimated at $350,000.
No injuries were reported and the cause of this fire remains under investigation
The second fire happened around 4 a.m. in the 200-block of 4th Avenue in Brooklyn Park. Upon arrival, firefighters found smoke showing from a two-story single family home. A fire was found in the basement with extension into the first floor.
Thirty-five personnel from Anne Arundel County and Baltimore City Fire Departments were able to bring the fire under control in less than 30 minutes.
The fire caused approximately $10,000 in total damage to the vacant home. The cause of the fire remains under investigation. No injuries were reported.
Other Local News:
- Police: Man Who Was Threatening Young Family Members With Knife Shot, Killed By Officer
- Police: 3 Dead In Waldorf Shooting, Appears To Be Domestic
- Rockville High Increase Security Due to Threats in Wake of Rape Case
- UK Parliament Attack Suspect Identified
- Hundreds Of Convictions Could Be Vacated After Officers’ Indictments