GLEN BURNIE, Md. (WJZ)—Anne Arundel County Police say an apparent drunken man carjacked a woman at gunpoint in Glen Burnie.
It happened just before 8:30 p.m. Sunday in the area of Wendover Road and Summit.
The 27-year-old victim says she was parked in the area when Michael Allen Nelson, 51, appeared at her car window and pointed a gun at her. Nelson yelled for the victim to get out of the area.
The victim immediately called 911. Upon canvassing the area, Nelson was located and detained.
Officers recovered a loaded Taurus PT semi-automatic handgun from the suspect.
Nelson is charged with first-degree assault and second-degree assault.
Other Local News:
- Baltimore City Council To Have Hearing On Reviving “Dollar House” Program
- U.S. 29 In Howard County Closed After School Bus Crash, 5 People Injured
- DE, MD Officials Working To Develop Prosecution Against Edgewood Office Shooter
- 69-Year-Old Woman Dies In Early Morning Fire
- Student Continues Advocacy For Frederick Co. Schools Trans Student Protections