Police: Man Who Appeared Drunk Carjacked Woman At Gunpoint
GLEN BURNIE, Md. (WJZ)—Anne Arundel County Police say an apparent drunken man carjacked a woman at gunpoint in Glen Burnie.
It happened just before 8:30 p.m. Sunday in the area of Wendover Road and Summit.
The 27-year-old victim says she was parked in the area when Michael Allen Nelson, 51, appeared at her car window and pointed a gun at her. Nelson yelled for the victim to get out of the area.
The victim immediately called 911. Upon canvassing the area, Nelson was located and detained.
Officers recovered a loaded Taurus PT semi-automatic handgun from the suspect.
Nelson is charged with first-degree assault and second-degree assault.
Other Local News:
- Police Search For Armed Prisoner After Hospital Escape
- 1 Dead, 2 Injured In Shooting After Gate-Crashing Incident At NSA, Ft. Meade
- Fmr. Federal Agents From Md. Charged With Bitcoin Money Laundering, Wire Fraud
- Local Frat Chapter Gets In Trouble For Underage Drinking
- Ravens Kicker Justin Tucker Gets Married