Police: Man Who Appeared Drunk Carjacked Woman At Gunpoint
Get Breaking News First
GLEN BURNIE, Md. (WJZ)—Anne Arundel County Police say an apparent drunken man carjacked a woman at gunpoint in Glen Burnie.
It happened just before 8:30 p.m. Sunday in the area of Wendover Road and Summit.
The 27-year-old victim says she was parked in the area when Michael Allen Nelson, 51, appeared at her car window and pointed a gun at her. Nelson yelled for the victim to get out of the area.
The victim immediately called 911. Upon canvassing the area, Nelson was located and detained.
Officers recovered a loaded Taurus PT semi-automatic handgun from the suspect.
Nelson is charged with first-degree assault and second-degree assault.
Other Local News:
- Woman Charged After Crashing SUV Into Government Building In Towson
- Brother Of Md. Man Who Died In Liberia Remembers Final Words
- Ray Rice Publicly Apologizes To His Wife Following Assault, 2-Game Suspension
- N.J. Detective Acquitted In Fatal Road Rage Incident Speaking Out
- Witness: Boyfriend Seen Dragging Missing Dundalk Woman’s Body Down Steps