ABERDEEN, Md. (WJZ)— Weather does not appear to be a factor in a crash that killed one and injured two others Wednesday morning.
The accident happened around 10:24 a.m. on Route 40.
Investigation reveals a 2004 GMC truck operated by 69-year-old Virginia Walker, of Aberdeen, was crossing Route 40 from Walmart Way. Walker’s vehicle was struck by a 2013 Nissan truck traveling westbound on Route 40. The Nissan was being operated by 45-year-old Carrie McCall, of Conowingo.
Trapped inside her vehicle, Walker had to be extricated by members of the Aberdeen Fire Department. She was then transported to Harford Memorial Hospital, where she died from her injuries around 11:30 a.m.
McCall and a passenger in her vehicle, 33-year-old Terra Posadas, of Conowingo, were transported by ambulance to Bayview Hospital, where they are in stable condition.
The cause of the crash is still under investigation.
Other Local News:
- 911 Calls Released After An EF-2 Tornado Ravages Maryland County
- Baltimore Implements Crime Plan After Hitting 200 Homicide Benchmark
- Maryland Fairs Take Precautions In Aftermath Of Fatal Ohio Accident
- Terminally Ill Maryland Woman Now Home From Alaska Hospital
- Hogan Announces Reforms To Vehicle Emissions Inspections