Explosion Inside Glen Burnie Home Forces Evacuations
Get Breaking News First
GLEN BURNIE, Md. (WJZ) — An investigation is underway after an explosion inside a house in Anne Arundel County.
It happened in the 1300-block of Meadowvale Road in Glen Burnie.
Fire officials say the home is being renovated and a gas line was possibly struck.
That caused a buildup of gas, which then triggered the explosion and a small fire.
No one was hurt.
The home has been condemned. The explosion and fire caused about $130,000 in damage.
Some nearby residents were evacuated, but they are now back home.
Other Local News:
- 1st Human Trials With Ebola Vaccine To Begin Next Week In Maryland
- Wife Of Md. Congressman Andy Harris Dies Unexpectedly
- NFL To Crack Down On Domestic Violence Amid Criticism Of Ray Rice Punishment
- Ex-Baltimore Cop Convicted In Mistress’ Murder Granted Retrial 20 Years Later
- Gun Debate Grows After 9-Year-Old Accidentally Kills Shooting Instructor