Explosion Inside Glen Burnie Home Forces Evacuations
GLEN BURNIE, Md. (WJZ) — An investigation is underway after an explosion inside a house in Anne Arundel County.
It happened in the 1300-block of Meadowvale Road in Glen Burnie.
Fire officials say the home is being renovated and a gas line was possibly struck.
That caused a buildup of gas, which then triggered the explosion and a small fire.
No one was hurt.
The home has been condemned. The explosion and fire caused about $130,000 in damage.
Some nearby residents were evacuated, but they are now back home.
Other Local News:
- CHAOS: 15 Officers Injured, Businesses Looted, Fires Set As Violent Riots Plague Baltimore
- Huge Fires Burn Downtown Baltimore Buildings Shortly After Riots
- Baltimore Mayor Imposes Curfew, Says ‘Thugs’ Trying To Tear Down City
- Gov. Hogan Declares State Of Emergency, Activates National Guard
- Former Md. Gov. O’Malley: Saddened By Baltimore’s Pain