Explosion Inside Glen Burnie Home Forces Evacuations
Get Breaking News First
GLEN BURNIE, Md. (WJZ) — An investigation is underway after an explosion inside a house in Anne Arundel County.
It happened in the 1300-block of Meadowvale Road in Glen Burnie.
Fire officials say the home is being renovated and a gas line was possibly struck.
That caused a buildup of gas, which then triggered the explosion and a small fire.
No one was hurt.
The home has been condemned. The explosion and fire caused about $130,000 in damage.
Some nearby residents were evacuated, but they are now back home.
Other Local News:
- Ravens To Address ESPN Allegations On The Handling Of Ray Rice
- Bus Carrying D.C. Tourists Overturns In Del., Killing 2 And Injuring Several
- Pilot Volunteers To Search For Toddlers As Homicide Case Builds On Mentally Ill Mom
- Gas Leak Under Investigation At Dumbarton Middle School
- 1 Killed After Car Flips Upside Down In East Baltimore