Explosion Inside Glen Burnie Home Forces Evacuations
GLEN BURNIE, Md. (WJZ) — An investigation is underway after an explosion inside a house in Anne Arundel County.
It happened in the 1300-block of Meadowvale Road in Glen Burnie.
Fire officials say the home is being renovated and a gas line was possibly struck.
That caused a buildup of gas, which then triggered the explosion and a small fire.
No one was hurt.
The home has been condemned. The explosion and fire caused about $130,000 in damage.
Some nearby residents were evacuated, but they are now back home.
Other Local News:
- Traffic Stop Escalates In Parking Lot Of Baltimore City School
- Prince George’s Co. Officer Who Died In Crash Was Driving While Impaired
- Cosby Supporters Butt Heads With Protestors At The Lyric
- Charges Filed Against Comets Player Accused Of Headbutting Blast’s Pat Healey
- Slain Maryland Toddler’s Mom Pleads Guilty To Ohio Charges