Explosion Inside Glen Burnie Home Forces Evacuations
GLEN BURNIE, Md. (WJZ) — An investigation is underway after an explosion inside a house in Anne Arundel County.
It happened in the 1300-block of Meadowvale Road in Glen Burnie.
Fire officials say the home is being renovated and a gas line was possibly struck.
That caused a buildup of gas, which then triggered the explosion and a small fire.
No one was hurt.
The home has been condemned. The explosion and fire caused about $130,000 in damage.
Some nearby residents were evacuated, but they are now back home.
Other Local News:
- Crews Battle 3-Alarm Blaze In Lake Shores
- Conflict Of Interest In Freddie Gray Case?
- Gov. Hogan: Baltimore City Detention Center To Shut Down, Effective Immediately
- Authorities: Officer Accused Of Pointing Gun At Neighbor Appeared ‘Highly Intoxicated’
- More Fans, More Fun At This Year’s Ravens Training Camp