Explosion Inside Glen Burnie Home Forces Evacuations

GLEN BURNIE, Md. (WJZ) — An investigation is underway after an explosion inside a house in Anne Arundel County.

It happened in the 1300-block of Meadowvale Road in Glen Burnie.

Fire officials say the home is being renovated and a gas line was possibly struck.

That caused a buildup of gas, which then triggered the explosion and a small fire.

No one was hurt.

The home has been condemned. The explosion and fire caused about $130,000 in damage.

Some nearby residents were evacuated, but they are now back home.

Other Local News:

  • http://pronewsflash.com/gas-leak-causes-explosion-forces-evacuations-in-glen-burnie/ Gas Leak Causes Explosion, Forces Evacuations In Glen Burnie | Pro News Flash

    […] swinterstein GLEN BURNIE, Md. (WJZ) — A gas leak causes an explosion in Anne Arundel County. It happened […]

blog comments powered by Disqus
Track Weather On The Go With Our App!

Listen Live