Coming up this Sunday, is the annual NFL snooze-fest, known as the Pro Bowl. It’s a celebration of football played in Hawaii and features the greatest players on the planet. Yet, it is one of the most boring events you can witness.
Don’t get me wrong, it’s a great achievement for the players themselves. They and their families get a trip to Honolulu and a nice financial boost. It’s awesome for them. For me, the fan who wants entertainment, not so much.
The rules have been tweaked this year to drum up some interest. It’s no longer the NFC versus the AFC. All Pro Bowl participants were in a draft led by captains Jerry Rice and Deion Sanders. Haloti Ngata, Marshal Yanda, Terrell Suggs and Justin Tucker of the Ravens were all chosen for the game. Even though Ngata will not play, Baltimore is still represented well.
Not enough , however, to get me to watch.
So, with respect to David Letterman, here are 10 things I’d rather do than watch the Pro Bowl.
10) Take a drive with Justin Bieber.
9) Shovel snow off my entire block in shorts and a t-shirt.
8) Go to the movies to watch the Twilight series while a kid kicks the back of my chair the whole time.
7) Listen to Ravens fans complain about Juan Castillo.
6) Wear a Yankees hat.
5) Go on a party bus with Jacoby Jones.
4) Watch Bad Girls club
3) Listen to a continuous loop of Bieber songs
2) Get a physical from the Orioles
1) Root for the Steelers to win the Super Bowl every year.
I hear that Fall Out Boy will playing at halftime of the Pro Bowl. Maybe that will be worth watching.
Or may be not.
Enjoy the game.