Scott Garceau: 10 Things You Might Hear During SB Week
Sports Fan Insider
1. The last time an NFL Championship game was played in New York was December 30, 1962. Single digit temperatures and 35-40 mile per hour winds turned Yankee Stadium into Antarctica. Cameramen suffered frostbite, winds ripped the flag and blew sideline benches over as Lombardi’s Packers beat the Giants 16-7.
2. Peyton Manning is attempting to win this SB in brother Eli’s stadium, Eli won SB XLVI in his brothers stadium (Indianapolis).
3. This will be the 30th straight game that the Bronco’s are favored to win. They’re 25-4 during this run.
4. Despite his controversial rant following the NFC title game, Richard Sherman was an honors student at Stanford and is seen as a caring guy who gives a lot back to his community.
5. Denver head coach John Fox nearly died this year. He collapsed on a golf course during the team’s bye week and underwent open-heart surgery. He missed 4 games during his recovery.
6.Seattle head coach “Pom Pom” Pete Carroll returns to the Meadowlands where he was fired as head coach of the Jets after just one season (’94).
7. Seahawks star RB Marshawn Lynch is the candy man. His Skittles are so important they are kept with the teams medical supplies. A staff member says Lynch’s Skittles are right next to the Advil, the lip balm, and the tape.
8. Seattle QB Russell Wilson played minor league baseball for the Colorado Rockies in 2010 and ’11. Last December the Texas Rangers paid $12,000 to select the former infielder in the Rule 5 Draft.
9. The last time the Bronco’s won the Super Bowl Executive Vice President John Elway was the quarterback and game MVP (Cut to shot of Elway in private box).
10. About 109 million watched last years SB, this year your average 30-second commercial will run about 4-million dollars. Enjoy the show!