Officials Search For Stolen Piece Of Radioactive Equipment
BALTIMORE (WJZ) — The Maryland Department of the Environment is on the lookout for a stolen piece of equipment.
The tool is used to measure concentrations of lead in paint but it contains a small piece of radioactive equipment.
It was reported stolen around 2:30 p.m. Monday from a property in the 2600-block of East Monument Street.
Officials say there is no imminent public health risk but anyone who finds the device should immediately call MDE or city police.
Other Local News:
- Is The Ice Age Causing Maryland To Sink?
- Gov. Hogan: Baltimore City Detention Center To Shut Down, Effective Immediately
- Crews Battle 3-Alarm Blaze In Lake Shores
- More Fans, More Fun At This Year’s Ravens Training Camp
- Authorities: Officer Accused Of Pointing Gun At Neighbor Appeared ‘Highly Intoxicated’