Officials Search For Stolen Piece Of Radioactive Equipment
BALTIMORE (WJZ) — The Maryland Department of the Environment is on the lookout for a stolen piece of equipment.
The tool is used to measure concentrations of lead in paint but it contains a small piece of radioactive equipment.
It was reported stolen around 2:30 p.m. Monday from a property in the 2600-block of East Monument Street.
Officials say there is no imminent public health risk but anyone who finds the device should immediately call MDE or city police.
Other Local News:
- Dulles Stepping Up Screenings To Keep Ebola Out Of The U.S.
- City Police Trying To Expand Eyes On The Streets With New Program
- Hillary Clinton Rallies Voters For Anthony Brown In College Park
- Ex-Baltimore Transit Chief Charged With $90K Bribery Scheme, Money Laundering
- Man Struck In Annapolis Taken To Hospital With Serious Injuries