BALTIMORE (WJZ) — The Maryland Department of the Environment is on the lookout for a stolen piece of equipment.
The tool is used to measure concentrations of lead in paint but it contains a small piece of radioactive equipment.
It was reported stolen around 2:30 p.m. Monday from a property in the 2600-block of East Monument Street.
Officials say there is no imminent public health risk but anyone who finds the device should immediately call MDE or city police.
Other Local News:
- FIRST WARNING WX: Bonnie Weakens to Tropical Depression; Flood Watch Issued For Parts Of Md.
- Authorities Investigating Near Drowning of 9-Year-Old Girl In Baltimore
- Jolly Rogers An Integral Part Of Ocean City’s Appeal
- Church Community Outraged After Pastor Is Gunned Down In Baltimore
- Police: DC Man Charged With Sexually Abusing Teen At Mall