BALTIMORE (WJZ) — Baltimore may pay $200,000 to the family of an unarmed Marine veteran killed by an off-duty city police officer.
Gahiji Tshamba shot 32-year-old Tyrone Brown 12 times back in 2010.
Brown’s family argued the city shared responsibility for the incident, saying he was kept on the force despite a number of arrests.
The settlement is set to be considered by the Board of Estimates.
Other Local News:
- Fewer Students Being Kicked Out Of School In Baltimore
- Police Still Looking For Burglary Suspect In Lutherville
- Police: Suspect Shot, Killed While Trying To Rob Off-Duty Officer’s Home
- Radee Prince To Be Tried In Delaware Before Being Brought Back To Maryland
- Charges Dropped Against Undocumented Md. Immigrant Accused Of Raping High School Girl