BALTIMORE (WJZ) — Baltimore may pay $200,000 to the family of an unarmed Marine veteran killed by an off-duty city police officer.
Gahiji Tshamba shot 32-year-old Tyrone Brown 12 times back in 2010.
Brown’s family argued the city shared responsibility for the incident, saying he was kept on the force despite a number of arrests.
The settlement is set to be considered by the Board of Estimates.
Other Local News:
- Port of Baltimore 1 of 3 On East Coast That Can Handle New ‘Mega Ships’
- Pat Summitt’s Death After Battle With Dementia Hits Close To Home
- Black Lives Matter Activist, Former Mayoral Candidate DeRay Mckesson Named To Baltimore City Schools Cabinet
- Under Armour Opens ‘Lighthouse’ Innovation Center In Baltimore
- 3 Injured In South Baltimore Shooting