Family Of Marine Killed By Off-Duty Officer May Reach $200K Settlement
BALTIMORE (WJZ) — Baltimore may pay $200,000 to the family of an unarmed Marine veteran killed by an off-duty city police officer.
Gahiji Tshamba shot 32-year-old Tyrone Brown 12 times back in 2010.
Brown’s family argued the city shared responsibility for the incident, saying he was kept on the force despite a number of arrests.
The settlement is set to be considered by the Board of Estimates.
Other Local News:
- 8 Officers & 6 Detainees Injured In Baltimore Incident
- Live TV Killings Sparking New Calls For Gun Control Reform
- Baltimore Police Cancel Leave For Officers During Freddie Gray Hearings
- State Looking Into O’Malley’s Discount Purchase Of Furniture
- Ride Operator Found Dead In Trailer At Maryland State Fair