BALTIMORE (WJZ) — Baltimore may pay $200,000 to the family of an unarmed Marine veteran killed by an off-duty city police officer.
Gahiji Tshamba shot 32-year-old Tyrone Brown 12 times back in 2010.
Brown’s family argued the city shared responsibility for the incident, saying he was kept on the force despite a number of arrests.
The settlement is set to be considered by the Board of Estimates.
Other Local News:
- Student ‘Fighting For His Life’ After Stabbing At Renaissance Academy
- Sen. Mikulski Receives Nation’s Highest Civilian Award
- Festival Of Trees Is This Weekend; It Benefits Children & Teens
- Travel Alert May Affect Some Thanksgiving Plans
- New Poll Shows Voters Divided When It Comes To Blame For Baltimore Unrest