Family Of Marine Killed By Off-Duty Officer May Reach $200K Settlement
BALTIMORE (WJZ) — Baltimore may pay $200,000 to the family of an unarmed Marine veteran killed by an off-duty city police officer.
Gahiji Tshamba shot 32-year-old Tyrone Brown 12 times back in 2010.
Brown’s family argued the city shared responsibility for the incident, saying he was kept on the force despite a number of arrests.
The settlement is set to be considered by the Board of Estimates.
Other Local News:
- Man Arrested In Connection With Rosedale Double Fatal Stabbing
- At Least 3 Montgomery Co. Students Confirmed To Have Whooping Cough
- Coworker Found Disturbing Images That Launched Dr. Levy Investigation
- Quilt Shares The Stories Of Survivors Of Sexual Assault
- 2 Men Wanted In Connection With Severn Stabbing