BALTIMORE (WJZ) — Baltimore may pay $200,000 to the family of an unarmed Marine veteran killed by an off-duty city police officer.
Gahiji Tshamba shot 32-year-old Tyrone Brown 12 times back in 2010.
Brown’s family argued the city shared responsibility for the incident, saying he was kept on the force despite a number of arrests.
The settlement is set to be considered by the Board of Estimates.
Other Local News:
- Baltimore Mayor Replaces City Police Commissioner Kevin Davis
- Report: Baltimore Officer Still On Job After Lying In Court
- Police Make Arrest In Perry Hall Fight Video In Which One Person Appears To Have Gun
- Dog Abandoned At Patterson Park Finds New Home With Army Specialist
- Baltimore Man Sentenced In Murder-For-Hire Scheme