FOREST HILL, Md. (WJZ) — Harford County sheriff’s deputies arrested the man they believe killed his mother, Joy Ojiabo.
According to authorities, they were called to Ojiabo’s home in the 1600-block of Rushing Stream Court by her husband, Anya Ojiabo. Anya Ojiabo told police he came home and found her upstairs. She had been stabbed and had other injuries, as well. Joy Ojiabo was pronounced dead at the scene.
Her son, Isaac Anya Ojiabo Jr., was arrested around 4:30 a.m. Thursday. He is charged with first- and second-degree murder and assault with a deadly weapon.
He was in the family’s Lexus SUV at the intersection of Crouse and Putnam Roads in Forest Hill when apprehended without incident.
Isaac Ojiabo is being held at the Harford County Detention Center awaiting his initial appearance before a Harford County District Court Commissioner.
Other Local News:
- Students Preparing For ‘March For Our Lives’ Protests In Baltimore, D.C.
- Pedestrian Struck, ‘Possibly Intentionally,’ In Downtown Baltimore
- Md. Students Showcase Bridge Projects For National Civil Engineering Competition
- 3rd US Senator Endorses Ben Jealous For Md. Governor
- Carroll County Putting Deputies At Schools Following Shootings