Harford County Deputies Arrest Man They Say Killed His Mother
FOREST HILL, Md. (WJZ) — Harford County sheriff’s deputies arrested the man they believe killed his mother, Joy Ojiabo.
According to authorities, they were called to Ojiabo’s home in the 1600-block of Rushing Stream Court by her husband, Anya Ojiabo. Anya Ojiabo told police he came home and found her upstairs. She had been stabbed and had other injuries, as well. Joy Ojiabo was pronounced dead at the scene.
Her son, Isaac Anya Ojiabo Jr., was arrested around 4:30 a.m. Thursday. He is charged with first- and second-degree murder and assault with a deadly weapon.
He was in the family’s Lexus SUV at the intersection of Crouse and Putnam Roads in Forest Hill when apprehended without incident.
Isaac Ojiabo is being held at the Harford County Detention Center awaiting his initial appearance before a Harford County District Court Commissioner.
Other Local News:
- 1st Human Trials With Ebola Vaccine To Begin Next Week In Maryland
- Wife Of Md. Congressman Andy Harris Dies Unexpectedly
- NFL To Crack Down On Domestic Violence Amid Criticism Of Ray Rice Punishment
- Ex-Baltimore Cop Convicted In Mistress’ Murder Granted Retrial 20 Years Later
- Gun Debate Grows After 9-Year-Old Accidentally Kills Shooting Instructor