Daughter Of Well-Known Homeless Advocate Bea Gaddy Dies
BALTIMORE (WJZ) — The oldest daughter of well-known homeless advocate Bea Gaddy has passed away.
Sandra Elaine Chandler died of a heart attack Thursday in Foley, Ala.
Chandler, along with her sister, Cynthia D. Brooks, continued their late mother’s mission, feeding needy families throughout the city.
In 32 years, tens of thousands have been given a hot meal at the annual Bea Gaddy Thanksgiving Dinner.
In addition to these dinners, the foundation also sends out around 50,000 meals to people in their homes, making sure everyone has a happy Thanksgiving.
Other Local News:
- Protests Over Ferguson Decision Underway Across Baltimore; Crowd Blocking JFX At President Street
- Black Friday Extended To Multiple Days This Year
- Wintry Mix, Snow Could Cause Thanksgiving Travel Headaches
- Baltimore Police Officials Investigate Pursuit That Led To Accident
- E-Cigarette Bill Could Weaken Smoke-Free Law