REISTERSTOWN, Md. (AP) — Baltimore County Police have charged a Reisterstown man with murder and arson after his wife’s death last month.
Firefighters and police officers were called to a home on Fox Run Court on Dec. 8 for a fire and found 35-year-old Kendra Rutherford unresponsive.
Rutherford was taken to a local hospital where she was pronounced dead.
Investigators determined that the fire had been deliberately set and last week, the medical examiner ruled Rutherford’s death a homicide by asphyxiation.
Police say Rutherford’s husband, Anthony, was arrested and charged with first-degree murder and arson. He’s being held without bail.
(Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Other Local News:
- Baltimore Community Prays For Slain Detective; Murder Remains Unsolved More Than Week Later
- Baltimore To Move Forward With Program To Provide Legal Assistance For Undocumented Immigrants
- Consumers Head Straight To Retailers From Thanksgiving Table For Black Friday Deals
- Woman Sentenced To 3.5 Years In Fatal Crash
- Thanksgiving Day Fire Breaks Out In Harford County