REISTERSTOWN, Md. (AP) — Baltimore County Police have charged a Reisterstown man with murder and arson after his wife’s death last month.
Firefighters and police officers were called to a home on Fox Run Court on Dec. 8 for a fire and found 35-year-old Kendra Rutherford unresponsive.
Rutherford was taken to a local hospital where she was pronounced dead.
Investigators determined that the fire had been deliberately set and last week, the medical examiner ruled Rutherford’s death a homicide by asphyxiation.
Police say Rutherford’s husband, Anthony, was arrested and charged with first-degree murder and arson. He’s being held without bail.
(Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Other Local News:
- Off-Duty Cop Killed After Neighbor Came To Him During Domestic Incident
- Public Input Now Welcome For Acting Police Chief Darryl De Sousa
- Police Corruption Trial Over, But Investigators Keep Digging
- New Residences At Four Seasons In Harbor East Takes Luxury To New Heights
- Baltimore City Council Moves Forward With Bill Limiting Crude Oil Expansion