ANNAPOLIS, Md. (AP) — A Millersville man has been charged with attempted murder after Anne Arundel County Police say he slashed another man’s face with a box cutter.
Police say James Bennett, 43, discovered his girlfriend with the man in an unoccupied office in Annapolis on Thursday and cut the man’s face. Police say Bennett fled the building and responding officers found the man bleeding heavily.
Officers found Bennett at a nearby Wendy’s restaurant, trying to hide in the women’s bathroom. Police say he was arrested and charged with attempted first- and second-degree murder, assault and reckless endangerment.
Police say a yellow box cutter was found between the hedges and a brick wall near the Wendy’s.
Police describe the injured man’s wounds as non-life threatening, but say he required a significant number of sutures.
(Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Other Local News:
- State Asks Marylanders to Take Challenge And ‘Buy Local’ For A Week
- Woman Stabbed, Man Shot During Baltimore Domestic Incident, Police Say
- 3 Firefighters Injured, Dog Dies In Temple Hills Fire
- Gov. Hogan ‘Hair BobbleHead’ Winner of Bowie Baysox’s ‘Bobblection’
- 19 Injured In AACo. RTA Bus Collision, Police Say