ANNAPOLIS, Md. (AP) — A Millersville man has been charged with attempted murder after Anne Arundel County Police say he slashed another man’s face with a box cutter.
Police say James Bennett, 43, discovered his girlfriend with the man in an unoccupied office in Annapolis on Thursday and cut the man’s face. Police say Bennett fled the building and responding officers found the man bleeding heavily.
Officers found Bennett at a nearby Wendy’s restaurant, trying to hide in the women’s bathroom. Police say he was arrested and charged with attempted first- and second-degree murder, assault and reckless endangerment.
Police say a yellow box cutter was found between the hedges and a brick wall near the Wendy’s.
Police describe the injured man’s wounds as non-life threatening, but say he required a significant number of sutures.
(Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Other Local News:
- State of Maryland Reaches Settlement In Tyrone West Death Lawsuit
- Emergency Services Director: Kent Island Tornado Looks ‘Like Somebody Steered It… Away From Homes’
- Chaos Erupts At City Hall Hearing For Proposed Gun Bill
- Official: Driver In Smuggling Attempt Part Of Larger Group; Parents Of Deceased Immigrant Live In Md.
- Maryland Man Found Guilty In Killing Of Transgender Woman