ANNAPOLIS, Md. (AP) — A Millersville man has been charged with attempted murder after Anne Arundel County Police say he slashed another man’s face with a box cutter.
Police say James Bennett, 43, discovered his girlfriend with the man in an unoccupied office in Annapolis on Thursday and cut the man’s face. Police say Bennett fled the building and responding officers found the man bleeding heavily.
Officers found Bennett at a nearby Wendy’s restaurant, trying to hide in the women’s bathroom. Police say he was arrested and charged with attempted first- and second-degree murder, assault and reckless endangerment.
Police say a yellow box cutter was found between the hedges and a brick wall near the Wendy’s.
Police describe the injured man’s wounds as non-life threatening, but say he required a significant number of sutures.
(Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Other Local News:
- O’Malley Deposed in Maryland Redistricting Lawsuit
- McKenzie Elliott’s Murder Sheds Light On Local Gang’s Stonghold
- Suspect In Delaware Trooper Shooting Killed By Police After 18-Hour Barricade
- Fire Department Unable To Determine Cause Of Malone Family Home Fire
- Born Prematurely With Crack In His System, Baltimore Man Now Beating The Odds