Man Wanted In Baltimore Drags Officer, Hits Patrol Car In Getaway Attempt
SEVERNA PARK, Md. (WJZ)–A man is arrested in connection with a police chase in Anne Arundel County.
Police say an officer was investigating a suspicious occupied vehicle in Severna Park and determined the driver, 25-year-old James Snyder, was wanted in Baltimore City.
As the officer attempted to get Snyder out of the vehicle, police say Snyder put the car in drive and dragged the officer about 50 feet. The officer sustained minor injuries.
Police say Snyder then struck the officer’s patrol car.
The pursuit ultimately ended around 10 a.m. Friday in Severn when stop sticks disabled the suspect’s tires at the intersection of Telegraph Road and Wieker Road where the suspect vehicle crashed into another vehicle.
The person in the vehicle that was struck was taken to Baltimore Washington Medical Center, where she was treated and released.
Snyder was not injured. His passenger, Ian Brown, was transported to Baltimore Washington Medical Center for treatment of a minor medical issue.
Snyder is charged with assault, resisting arrest and several other offenses.
Brown is charged with CDS-related offenses.
Other Local News:
- FBI Searching For Masked Men Behind Series Of Robberies In Canton
- Holiday Cheer Has Arrived In And Around Charm City
- Dislodged Boom Strikes Overpass, Snarling Traffic On I-695 Outer Loop
- 68 Marijuana Plants Recovered In Northwest Baltimore City
- Md. Army Reservists Deploying To West Africa To Assist In Ebola Efforts