GLEN BURNIE, Md. (WJZ)— Anne Arundel County Police bust two men in a burglary attempt at a Baltimore Gas Electric substation in Glen Burnie.
Officers responded to the BGE substation on Overhill Road just after 7:30 p.m. Wednesday after a report of an alarm sounding.
Arriving officers found a gray Mustang with no lights on attempting to leave while a passenger was attempting to get into the car. The officers initiated a traffic stop and identified the driver and passenger.
Both occupants Charles R. Mullan, 33, and Lawrence G. Yinger Jr., 39, were detained.
Investigation revealed that Mullan and Yinger were attempting to steal portable ground wires that were valued at approximately $3,000.
Police say they cut the fence of the BGE substation and stole items they intended to use to cut the ground wire.
Police found fresh footprints and drag marks from items being brought toward the roadway.
Mullan and Yinger are charged with fourth-degree burglary, felony theft over $1,000 and malicious destruction to property.
Mullan was also charged with possession of burglary tools.
Other Local News:
- Maryland Police Officer Hospitalized After Being Hit By Car
- Charges Dropped For Maintenance Man In Sex-For-Repairs Case
- Driver Strikes Capitol Police Cruiser, Taken Into Custody
- Family Dog Discovers Fire in Md. Home; Alerts Occupant to Escape
- Police: Man Killed in Crash After Driver Failed to Stop at Red Light