BALTIMORE (AP) — Police are investigating the slaying of a 51-year-old woman inside her East Baltimore home.
Police identified the victim Saturday as Kimberly Leto. Her body was found on Friday morning. Police say she suffered massive trauma but haven’t provided many details about her death. An autopsy is being conducted.
Leto’s slaying was the 27th homicide in Baltimore in the month of January, the city’s deadliest January since 2007 and its deadliest month overall since last June.
Police say they’re asking for the public’s help as they investigate her slaying. Leto lived near Patterson Park in the Highlandtown neighborhood.
(Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Other Local News:
- Local Non-Profits Building Community Garden Accessible For Senior Citizens
- Man Nicknamed ‘Butt Juice’ Convicted Of Gang Violence, Selling Drugs
- Ellicott City’s Main Street Reopens Following 2nd Deadly Flood In 2 Years
- Mites Packing Mighty Bite, Causing Big Problems For Bears
- Woman Said She ‘Hated White People’ Before Assaulting 2 People On Md. Bus