Woman, 51, Slain Inside Baltimore Home
BALTIMORE (AP) — Police are investigating the slaying of a 51-year-old woman inside her East Baltimore home.
Police identified the victim Saturday as Kimberly Leto. Her body was found on Friday morning. Police say she suffered massive trauma but haven’t provided many details about her death. An autopsy is being conducted.
Leto’s slaying was the 27th homicide in Baltimore in the month of January, the city’s deadliest January since 2007 and its deadliest month overall since last June.
Police say they’re asking for the public’s help as they investigate her slaying. Leto lived near Patterson Park in the Highlandtown neighborhood.
(Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Other Local News:
- Rep. Cummings: ‘Black Lives Have To Matter To Black People’
- Howard Co. Home Catches Fire After Lightning Strike
- Baltimore Police Solving Disturbingly Low Number Of The City’s Murders
- Still Feeling Impact Of Riots, Baltimore To Host Major Conference In 2016
- Maryland On Track To Meet Obama’s Clean Climate Plan