Woman, 51, Slain Inside Baltimore Home
BALTIMORE (AP) — Police are investigating the slaying of a 51-year-old woman inside her East Baltimore home.
Police identified the victim Saturday as Kimberly Leto. Her body was found on Friday morning. Police say she suffered massive trauma but haven’t provided many details about her death. An autopsy is being conducted.
Leto’s slaying was the 27th homicide in Baltimore in the month of January, the city’s deadliest January since 2007 and its deadliest month overall since last June.
Police say they’re asking for the public’s help as they investigate her slaying. Leto lived near Patterson Park in the Highlandtown neighborhood.
(Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Other Local News:
- Attorneys For Officers Charged In Freddie Gray Case Seeking Change Of Venue
- Study: Summer Months Spark Increase In Fatal Accidents Involving Teens
- Commissioner Batts Apologizes To His Officers After Riots
- Recovery Teams Searching For Missing Boater Near Harford-Cecil Line
- Woman Adopts Harford County Teen Who Killed Father