Woman, 51, Slain Inside Baltimore Home
BALTIMORE (AP) — Police are investigating the slaying of a 51-year-old woman inside her East Baltimore home.
Police identified the victim Saturday as Kimberly Leto. Her body was found on Friday morning. Police say she suffered massive trauma but haven’t provided many details about her death. An autopsy is being conducted.
Leto’s slaying was the 27th homicide in Baltimore in the month of January, the city’s deadliest January since 2007 and its deadliest month overall since last June.
Police say they’re asking for the public’s help as they investigate her slaying. Leto lived near Patterson Park in the Highlandtown neighborhood.
(Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Other Local News:
- City Officials Unveils 6-Week Criminal Justice Camp For Youngsters
- Ravens’ John Urschel NFL Pro By Day, Math Wiz By Night
- Jesse Jackson Jr. Leaves Prison, May Be Headed To Baltimore Halfway House
- Md. Announces Rare Birth Of 5 Cubs To 1 Black Bear
- Reward Offered In Shooting Of Goodwill Store Security Guard