BALTIMORE (AP) — Police are investigating the slaying of a 51-year-old woman inside her East Baltimore home.
Police identified the victim Saturday as Kimberly Leto. Her body was found on Friday morning. Police say she suffered massive trauma but haven’t provided many details about her death. An autopsy is being conducted.
Leto’s slaying was the 27th homicide in Baltimore in the month of January, the city’s deadliest January since 2007 and its deadliest month overall since last June.
Police say they’re asking for the public’s help as they investigate her slaying. Leto lived near Patterson Park in the Highlandtown neighborhood.
(Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Other Local News:
- Noodles & Co. Reveals 26 Md. Locations Exposed To Data Breach
- Police: Teens Try to Rob AACo. Man With BB Gun, Plastic Bat
- Feds To Return $30K Seized From Maryland Dairy Farmer
- All Clear At Joint Base Andrews After ‘Miscommunication’ Over Active Shooter
- Former Court Commissioner Found Guilty of Soliciting Minor