NEW YORK (WJZ) — The National Football League will team up with CBS to televise Thursday Night Football for the 2014 season.
CBS will air eight early season games that also will be simulcast on NFL Network. NFL Network will also televise eight late-season games in the run-up to the playoffs. The mix of games will include 14 on Thursday nights and two late-season games on Saturday.
Jim Nantz and Phil Simms will broadcast the Thursday night games. NFL Network hosts and analysts will be featured in the pregame, halftime and postgame shows, along with CBS sports broadcasters.
The agreement is for the 2014 season with an additional year at the NFL’s option.
WJZ is owned and operated by CBS.
Other Local News:
- Fmr. Baltimore Co. Superintendent S. Dallas Dance Indicted On Perjury Charges
- Former Detective Testifies About Widespread Baltimore Police Corruption
- Baltimore Residents Remain Crippled By Water Main Breaks, Aging Infrastructure
- Police Department Holds Meeting For Recent String Of Baltimore Co. Burglaries
- Police Searching For Elderly Man; Last Seen Several Days Ago