CBS & NFL To Team Up For Thursday Night Games
NEW YORK (WJZ) — The National Football League will team up with CBS to televise Thursday Night Football for the 2014 season.
CBS will air eight early season games that also will be simulcast on NFL Network. NFL Network will also televise eight late-season games in the run-up to the playoffs. The mix of games will include 14 on Thursday nights and two late-season games on Saturday.
Jim Nantz and Phil Simms will broadcast the Thursday night games. NFL Network hosts and analysts will be featured in the pregame, halftime and postgame shows, along with CBS sports broadcasters.
The agreement is for the 2014 season with an additional year at the NFL’s option.
WJZ is owned and operated by CBS.
Other Local News:
- Coastal Storm May Cause Thanksgiving Travel Headaches
- Funeral Held For 15-Year-Old Girl Killed In Triple Stabbing
- Loved Ones Desperate For Answers As Search For Missing Toddlers Continues
- Some Children Get Forever Homes On National Adoption Day
- Pier At HarborView Collapses, Suspends Weekend Water Taxi Service