CBS & NFL To Team Up For Thursday Night Games
Sports Fan Insider
NEW YORK (WJZ) — The National Football League will team up with CBS to televise Thursday Night Football for the 2014 season.
CBS will air eight early season games that also will be simulcast on NFL Network. NFL Network will also televise eight late-season games in the run-up to the playoffs. The mix of games will include 14 on Thursday nights and two late-season games on Saturday.
Jim Nantz and Phil Simms will broadcast the Thursday night games. NFL Network hosts and analysts will be featured in the pregame, halftime and postgame shows, along with CBS sports broadcasters.
The agreement is for the 2014 season with an additional year at the NFL’s option.
WJZ is owned and operated by CBS.
Other Local News:
- At Least 2 In Va. Dead After Tornado Touches Down Near Md. Line
- Hundreds In Baltimore Rally To Show Solidarity With Those In Gaza
- Ray Rice Assault Costs Him 2-Game Suspension And Half A Million Dollars
- 11 & 14-Year-Old Among 3 Brothers Charged In Stepfather’s Murder
- BGF Leader Sentenced To 10 Years In Baltimore Jail Racketeering