BALTIMORE (WJZ) — There’s just 100 days until the running of the Preakness Stakes. Organizers announce a big name will headline this year’s InfieldFest.
Jessica Kartalija reveals exactly who it is.
Pitbull, Bruno Mars and Wiz Khalifa are just some of the incredible performers they’ve had at the InfieldFest at Preakness. This year won’t disappoint.
It’s almost that time again when thousands descend on Old Hilltop for the Preakness. But it isn’t the race or the party that has people talking Thursday. It’s the music.
For five years, Old Hilltop has been adding new talent to its list of performers. Now, they’re adding another big name.
Grammy Award winner Lorde will take center stage Saturday, May 17 at this year’s InfieldFest.
“That music festival has turned into something special,” said Tom Chuckas, Md. Jockey Club. “Lorde is in keeping with exactly what we’re trying to do. In the coming weeks, we’re going to announce the other acts that are going to go on the main stage, but we are very excited.”
Booking big bands and entertainment has been shown to pay off–big. Last year, there were 120,000 people at Pimlico for Preakness.
Ticket sales before Thursday’s announcement were already up 15 percent from last year.
There will be a concert on Black Eyed Susan Day as well. Musical talent has yet to be announced.
Other Local News:
- Police: Man, 32, Shot Multiple Times In Perry Hall
- FIRST WARNING WX: Bonnie Weakens to Tropical Depression; Flood Watch Issued For Parts Of Md.
- Authorities Investigating Near Drowning of 9-Year-Old Girl In Baltimore
- Jolly Rogers An Integral Part Of Ocean City’s Appeal
- Church Community Outraged After Pastor Is Gunned Down In Baltimore