EDGEWATER, Md. (WJZ)— A man posing as a Craigslist buyer manages to recover his stolen property from the man who broke into his shed just a week prior.
On Jan. 26, the victim reported several items were taken from his shed in the 2800-block of Solomons Island Road in Edgewater.
On Feb. 3, the victim called police and told them that he believed he found his stolen property on Craigslist.
With the help of detectives, the victim posed as a buyer of the advertised property and had the seller meet him at a business in the Annapolis area. A short time later, the suspect arrived at the business with the stolen property. Detectives confronted the suspect and recovered all of the stolen property.
The victim was able to identify the suspect and the suspect’s vehicle as someone he saw on his property prior to the burglary occurring.
The suspect, Michael David Bojanowski, 53, of Arnold, was charged with second-degree burglary, fourth-degree burglary and theft under $1,000.
Detectives urge victims who may find themselves in a similar situation to contact the police for guidance and assistance prior to taking any action.
Other Local News:
- Police: Man Who Allegedly Killed 3 Co-workers Captured After Hours-Long Manhunt
- Baltimore Sends Proposal To Become Home Of Amazon’s HQ2
- Edgewood Business Mourning ‘The Loss Of Our Friends’ After Shooting
- Maryland Business Park Shooting Suspect Fired From Earlier Job
- 2 Anne Arundel Co. Police Cruisers Collide While Responding To Call