Victim Poses As Craigslist Buyer, Recovers Stolen Property From Burglar
Get Breaking News First
EDGEWATER, Md. (WJZ)— A man posing as a Craigslist buyer manages to recover his stolen property from the man who broke into his shed just a week prior.
On Jan. 26, the victim reported several items were taken from his shed in the 2800-block of Solomons Island Road in Edgewater.
On Feb. 3, the victim called police and told them that he believed he found his stolen property on Craigslist.
With the help of detectives, the victim posed as a buyer of the advertised property and had the seller meet him at a business in the Annapolis area. A short time later, the suspect arrived at the business with the stolen property. Detectives confronted the suspect and recovered all of the stolen property.
The victim was able to identify the suspect and the suspect’s vehicle as someone he saw on his property prior to the burglary occurring.
The suspect, Michael David Bojanowski, 53, of Arnold, was charged with second-degree burglary, fourth-degree burglary and theft under $1,000.
Detectives urge victims who may find themselves in a similar situation to contact the police for guidance and assistance prior to taking any action.
Other Local News:
- 5 Taken To The Hospital After Megabus Crash Near Havre De Grace
- Veteran Police Sergeant Gets No Jail Time In Misconduct Case
- Orioles In Boston As City Marks 1 Year Since Marathon Bombings
- FBI: Md. Man In 1976 Killings Has L.A.-Area Roots
- Baltimore Police Officer Climbs Into City Storm Drain To Save Puppy