WATCH: The Army-Navy pregame right now on WJZ | Who Will Win? | Army-Navy 2016

Overloaded Extension Cord Blamed In Fatal Fire

SALISBURY, Md. (AP) — Fire investigators are blaming an overloaded extension cord for a fire at a Salisbury duplex that killed two people.

The Daily Times reports Monday that the Office of the State Fire Marshal office says the fire began in the master bedroom of the duplex on Patrick Avenue on Friday. Investigators say the extension cord caught fire and ignited nearby combustibles and a smoke detector in the home was not working.

Officials say William and Mary Holdbrook both died after the fire. The Office of the Chief Medical Examiner determined that William Holbrook’s cause of death was smoke inhalation.

(Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Baltimore

Track Weather On The Go With Our App!
Your Podcast Network Play.it

Listen Live