GLEN BURNIE, Md. (WJZ)—A suspect fled empty-handed after an failed robbery at a Glen Burnie thrift store.
Officers responded around 10:58 a.m. Tuesday to the Thrifty Outlet located in the 1800-block of Crain Highway South for a report of an attempted robbery of the business.
Upon arrival, officers learned that a male suspect entered the business and demanded money from the cash register.
During the incident, the suspect implied that he had a weapon under his sweatshirt, but no weapon was actually observed.
The victims did not comply with the suspect’s demands, prompting the suspect to run from the business.
One of the victims followed the suspect to an area behind the business, but he eventually lost sight of him. Officers could not find the suspect.
There were no injuries.
The investigation is ongoing.
Other Local News:
- Maryland Medical Society Aims To Reduce Diabetes
- Judge Rules 2 Of Governor’s Top Appointees Must Be Paid
- Police Recover Nearly $20,000 In Marijuana-Related Drugs In Baltimore Bust
- 2nd Child In Baltimore Fire Dies Day After Mother, Sister Died
- TSA: Baltimore Man Arrested After Trying To Sneak Loaded Gun On Plane