Md. State Fire Marshal: Always Check Smoke Alarm Batteries
BALTIMORE (WJZ) — A reminder from the state fire marshal–always check the batteries in your smoke detector!
So far in 2014, seven fire-related deaths have been reported across the state.
Four of those incidents had dead or missing smoke alarm batteries.
A new state law went into effect last year, requiring homeowners to switch over to a 10-year sealed-in battery operated smoke alarm.
Two-thirds of all home fire deaths occur in homes with either no smoke alarm, or no working smoke alarm.
For more information on fire safety, click here.
Other Local News:
- Dulles Stepping Up Screenings To Keep Ebola Out Of The U.S.
- City Police Trying To Expand Eyes On The Streets With New Program
- Hillary Clinton Rallies Voters For Anthony Brown In College Park
- Ex-Baltimore Transit Chief Charged With $90K Bribery Scheme, Money Laundering
- Man Struck In Annapolis Taken To Hospital With Serious Injuries