Md. State Fire Marshal: Always Check Smoke Alarm Batteries
BALTIMORE (WJZ) — A reminder from the state fire marshal–always check the batteries in your smoke detector!
So far in 2014, seven fire-related deaths have been reported across the state.
Four of those incidents had dead or missing smoke alarm batteries.
A new state law went into effect last year, requiring homeowners to switch over to a 10-year sealed-in battery operated smoke alarm.
Two-thirds of all home fire deaths occur in homes with either no smoke alarm, or no working smoke alarm.
For more information on fire safety, click here.
Other Local News:
- On-Duty Baltimore Cop Charged With Assault, Pointing Gun At Wife & Her Boyfriend
- We Won’t Stop: Orioles Fans Cheer On AL East Champs Ahead Of Playoffs
- Head Of Secret Service Questioned After Security Breach
- Attorney Of Baltimore Man Alleging Police Brutality Releases New Video
- New Program Helps “Wheelchair Athletes” Compete