Tractor-Trailer Runs Off Ramp Near The Wilson Bridge
Get Breaking News First
WASHINGTON (AP) — Tow trucks are working to remove a tractor-trailer that ran off a ramp near the Wilson Bridge.
The Maryland State Highway Administration says the truck was carrying produce when it left the road around 7:30 a.m. Thursday in Prince George’s County. It slid down a hill from a ramp carrying a portion of Interstates 95 and 495 over 295. Crews with heavy-duty tow trucks have moved part of the truck back on the road, but are working to remove it. The truck driver was hurt in the accident.
Another tractor-trailer slid into a ditch on southbound I-95 at Route 32 south of Baltimore.
Maryland State Police say a five-car pileup in western Maryland has sent five people to the hospital.
Police say the accident occurred around 11:40 a.m. Thursday on eastbound Interstate 68 near Sideling Hill.
They say none of the injuries is life threatening. The most seriously hurt patient was taken to Shock Trauma in Baltimore. The other four were sent to the Meritus Medical Center in Hagerstown.
Westbound I-70 near Clear Spring, Md. was closed for an hour after a crash involving three tractor-trailers.
(Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Other Local News:
- 2 Men Robbed And Beaten Outside Southeast Baltimore Church
- Cruise Line Officials Address Recent Health And Safety Issues
- Ex-Honors Student From Md. Sentenced To 5 Years In Jihadist Terror Plot
- Surveillance Captures Person Of Interest In Hanover Carjacking
- Towson Teacher Injured In Boston Marathon Returns One Year After Bombings