BALTIMORE (WJZ/AP) — Ravens running back Ray Rice and his fiancee are now home after being arrested in Atlantic City.
The report came down late Sunday evening from WJZ’s media partner, The Baltimore Sun.
Rice found himself in trouble after what his attorneys are calling a “minor physical altercation.”
According to The Sun, Rice and his fiancee, Janay Palmer, struck each other with their hands inside the Revel Casino.
Both were charged with simple assault-domestic violence. Both Rice and Palmer declined medical attention and neither reported any injuries.
They were released on a summons to appear in court.
Michael Diamondstein, an attorney for Rice, says that he’s hopeful that after an investigation “the matter turns out to be little more than a misunderstanding.”
The Ravens released a statement Sunday night.
“We are aware of the Friday night situation with Ray Rice and his fiancee,” the Ravens said. “We have spoken with Ray, and know that they returned home together after being detained.”
Rice played at Rutgers University in New Jersey and was drafted in the second round of the 2008 draft by the Ravens.
Stay with WJZ and CBSBaltimore.com for the latest on this story.
Other Local News:
- New Trial Granted For Adnan Syed, Subject Of ‘Serial’ Podcast
- Fans Of Slain Rapper ‘Lor Scoota’ Remember Him Through Music
- All Clear At Joint Base Andrews After ‘Miscommunication’ Over Active Shooter
- Complaint Filed Against Mosby Calls Her ‘A Runaway Prosecutor’
- Ocean City Police Rescue Small Kitten From Rt. 90 Bridge